Help please!!

Options
2»

Replies

• kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing fine. Protein & fiber are going to increase your metabolism so those are good areas to go over on. If you're full, you're full. I find that the more I exercise, the hungrier I am. So on those days I eat some of my exercise calories back. It is rare that I ever eat them all back. Why fix what ain't broke? LOL

Exactly. Why create a problem if there isn't one? You're doing great; if you're not eating enough, that's not a bad thing as long as you're still losing. Keep doing what you're doing.
  • CMAB
    CMAB Posts: 21
    Options
    One problem with being so low on calories is that, no matter where your calories are, weight loss is going to stall eventually. When you're that low, you can't realistically drop calories any further to lose more weight. Low calorie diets such as yours require refeeds and diet breaks to keep things moving, and it doesn't sound like you're mentally ready to handle eating more as a solution when the time comes.

can you please explain the concept of refeeds?
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If you set up MFP right to start with then the daily calorie goal that MFP gives you already has a calorie deficit built in to lose weight. That said, you should eat close to the calorie goal MFP gives you each day including eating back most of your exercise calories. If you are too far under your daily calorie goal you are very likely to cause your body to hang onto the fat it has by either slowing down or even stopping fat loss. It may not happen right away but eventually you will most likely plateau. If you have a lot of weight to lose you can probably get away with it longer but as you have less to lose your body will plateau easier. May sound counter-intuitive but that's just the way it is.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    No big drama here. Your last couple of days seem fine. The only thing I would suggest is try to work a few more vegetables into your diet, and to have a little more fat. Work a handfull of almonds into your daily routine or maybe some avocado.

As an example, if you were to add a big salad to your day with some sliced avocado and a little bit of dressing, you would bump your calories up, be healthier, and get more good fats in your diet :D