What made you decide to embark on this journey?

Options
stef_e_b
stef_e_b Posts: 593
For me I saw this picture and thought:noway: "woah! That is not possible."

2007_0708birthday19th0001.jpg

So I started. I haven't lost that much because I'm trying to do this one step at a time so that it becomes a habit.

By the way it was a costume party and I was a leper-con...so yeah thats why I look nuts.

Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    For me I saw this picture and thought:noway: "woah! That is not possible."

2007_0708birthday19th0001.jpg

So I started. I haven't lost that much because I'm trying to do this one step at a time so that it becomes a habit.

By the way it was a costume party and I was a leper-con...so yeah thats why I look nuts.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    swollen feet and no energy and just not feeling as if I belonged inside the body I was in...:drinker:
  • Justmel
    Justmel Posts: 18
    Options
    my comfortable clothes became tight! my scrubs for work felt like I was going to blow the *kitten* out of them! sheeeesh, so rough lol
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    my comfortable clothes became tight! my scrubs for work felt like I was going to blow the *kitten* out of them! sheeeesh, so rough lol
    LMFAO I needed that laugh today really ...thanks...Thar she Blooows....I used to wear scrubs i can relate lol
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    got sick of pretending like I didn't do this to myself. got serious. my sis gave me a bunch of clothes that didn't fit me, (but were within reach), and I wanted to get into them. update: they have just been altered this last weekend so they stop hanging off me:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • dragonladey
    Options
    Ya I saw the christmas pic I took with my family and really saw how much I have gained! I was so depressed cuz everyone in the family has that pic and I cant change it! I am now! I really didnt think I looked that bad till that pic. I have since lost some and feel so much better.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I got on the scales on December 31, 2008 and saw that I weighed 292 pounds, I about had a fit, so I made up my mind right then and there that I was not going to weigh 300 pounds and I no longer wanted to weigh 200 pounds, so on that day (12-31-08), I joined this site, and then on January 1, 2009, I started logging my food and exercising and forever changed my life. I am never going back to that. I also saw a pic of myself and thought no way that is me, but it was, it is the pic that I put on here to start with.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    When the medical assistant fudged my weight so the doctor wouldn't fuss.
    When a older lady with diabetes told me to lose the weight while I was young because "Baby, You don't want to be like me". I decided I didn't.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I got on the scales on December 31, 2008 and saw that I weighed 292 pounds, I about had a fit, so I made up my mind right then and there that I was not going to weigh 300 pounds and I no longer wanted to weigh 200 pounds, so on that day (12-31-08), I joined this site, and then on January 1, 2009, I started logging my food and exercising and forever changed my life. I am never going back to that. I also saw a pic of myself and thought no way that is me, but it was, it is the pic that I put on here to start with.

you and me Laura- four days apart- 12/27/2008 was my wake-up day.

You're doing so well- I can't seem to get to 30 lbs lost:ohwell:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options

you and me Laura- four days apart- 12/27/2008 was my wake-up day.

You're doing so well- I can't seem to get to 30 lbs lost:ohwell:

you will get there. I am so struggling to get to 40 pounds lost, but it is my own fault b/c I have been such a dang slacker for the past 3 weeks about exercising but I am back on it, done it yesterday and today.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to see if I could make exercise something that I do reguarly. I've always done it for a couple weeks and then I drop off. Now I've been going to the gym 5 days a week since February and I'm pretty proud of that.

My metabolism is starting to slow down so I need to watch what I eat more often and if there are things that I want to eat that are naughty then I need to work for it.

Plus, I'm excited to see what I can do with this new determination!!
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    When I realized I was almost in a size 24, the size my diabetic mother wears. I didn't want to have to deal with those health problems.