How do you work out?

Options
I do most of my workouts at home so I like to be in the quiet of the basement. I banish the kids and hubby from coming down there while Im working out. If on the bike I have my Ipod and headphones with the music blasting or sometimes I read my Kindle. If doing aerobics on a video, I usually mute the sound and just follow the movements with my own music in the background. My workout time is my me time. I want no distractions so I can just zone out and power through....!! :wink:

How do you guys power though a workout??

Replies

• smd819882
    Options
    I do cross fit and well I was in the Army and i imagine my drill sergeants yelling at me as well as picking someone in the group whom looks better in shape than I and make it a point to do as good or better than them.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I have my own personal gym at home. My workout time is my time. I don't like to be bothered when I'm working out and I will not be bothered.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Hit the gym @ 5:30 am, 1-1.5 hrs of weightlifting, 4x per week.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Wake up at 5:30, run a mile to the gym, do 45 minutes weight training, run for an hour and then elliptical for another 30, then run back home :)

Once the snow really starts coming down, things get difficult.... :)
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I work out at home either with dvds or on my treadmill or elliptical. I get very crabby if I get interrupted!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Due to my crazy job I do some video but I prefer the gym and I listen to my iPOD and I zone and I DO NOT WANT TO BE disturbed!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't try to talk thru my music bc I can't hear you and if I have to take my ear buds out you betta had something really important to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Before I injured my foot I use to wake up early and walk with my headphones on and enjoy MY time. But now, I enjoy taking slower walks with my husband and 2 year old. He even joined me doing my work out videos and we usually end up laughing our butts off! Kinda funny how things change...