fast food

Options
So I was off today and had to run a bunch of errands and work out. iI was in such a hurry to get suff done I forgot to eat...big mistake!! After having a great work out today I didn't want to toally blow my great work out by eating horribly with fast food.

I went to my favorite guilty pleasure fast food haunt Taco Bell and made a heathier choice and choose chicken soft taco's from the Fresco lite menue. They were delicious!! I added them to my food journal and found that they weren't actually as bad for me as I thought.

So a thought came to me......I wonder how much my usual pig out was worth....ewwwwwh it was unbelievable!! No wonder I have weight issues!!!! lol

This WAS my typical pig out...brace yourselves!!!!

Chicken Quesadilla, 1 quesadilla cal530............carbs 41..............fat.28..........protein 28..............fiber4

Soft Taco Supreme, 1 taco................230.......................2.................11........................10.....................3

Nachos Supreme* (From 2011 Website), 1 container (142g))
440......................42................25.........................12....................8

Chicken Soft Taco, 2 taco..................360......................36................12..........................28....................2

Medium Pepsi, 20 oz.........................250......................70

Meximelt, 124 g.................................270......................21................14..........................14....................4

Food TOTALS.............CALORIES 2,080.......CARBS 212.......FAT....90.....PROTEIN 92.........FIBER 21

Anyone have any other great fast food choices?????

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a lot of food.

I have been brave enough to look up some of the things I would have eaten in the past, and now I know why I don't eat them anymore.

I'm glad that fast food chains are starting to offer more healthy options. Good job on getting the fresco!
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I recall one day when I went to lunch way too late and ended up getting 1 medium pepperoni pizza, italian cheese bread and an order of chicken wings.

I didn't gain an extra 80lbs by doing nothing. That's for sure.

Denial (in my case) was a wondrous thing.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    278.gif
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Man that's a lot of food, i could never even physically eat that much food without getting seriously ill.
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    i love love love me some taco bell. I normally get fresco chicken burritos or the fresco soft tacos. ( thats now by the way)The pico de gallo that they make as the "fresco" isnt that bad for you but if you dont want the extra calories for the sauce that they put in the "fresco style" just get tomatoes on whatever you eat instead it takes away the onion calories even though its not that much and the sauce.

Before my diet i would eat probably almost a whole medium pizza to my self and some cheesy bread. hmmmmmmm
    glad thats over with
  • newdaynewme
    newdaynewme Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    that looks like about what I eat in one meal~!!!!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken no mayo is the safest choice.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My favorite pick from Wendy's is a plain baked potato and small chili. I put the chili on the potato instead of butter and sour cream. I seldom can finish the whole thing. 480 calories total.
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Try a double Whopper with medium fries and a coke. Around 1500 kcals. I'll never eat that again, no way!
  • SimpleStepsHealthCoach
    Options
    jalford0226 that's amazing!

An important thing to remember is knowledge is power. Now that you have that knowledge, use it to your advantage and don't "pig out" like that anymore!

As for me, my favorite fast food is a food bowl from Chipotle. Their nutritional menu is found here, http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/nutritional_information/nutritional_information.aspx, and you control your intake easily by choosing how much of what ingredient you want.

Hope this helps,
    y.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Culver's bacon double butterburger, onion rings, and a concrete mixer... 2700+ calories.... I consumed this every night for 30 days (bad work experience).... sigh... but now I am on track and no more Culver's EVER.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    278.gif

LMAO <3:laugh:
  • jalford0226
    Options
    LMAO!!!! :laugh:
  • tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My favorite pick from Wendy's is a plain baked potato and small chili. I put the chili on the potato instead of butter and sour cream. I seldom can finish the whole thing. 480 calories total.

I love their chili! :)
  • jalford0226
    Options
    great idea's everyone....thanks a bunch!!!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Turkey Mushroom Lo-Carb from Hardees/Carls Jr.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    It's funny how my mind has changed.

In the old days after bowling I'd stop off at Mcds on the way home, have my 9 nuggets large fries large coke there, then come home, and a few hours later have my usual evening meal!

NOW, i see the Mcds, and think "hmm, i really fancy one! I could, but if i do, that means no dinner later. What would i rather do. Have a McDs now, in the car with just the radio, or my Chicken legs and chips, later in the warm, watching something good on my pc, and really enjoy it?"

The thought of having BOTH just doesn't even enter my mind now!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    since becoming a vegetarian i am pretty much limited to Subway if i want a super filling meal. but if i am going to McD's or something, i will get a side salad, some apples and a chocolate milk. same with Wendy's.