How long Does it take.....

Does it take to lose weight and pants sizes?? What workout/diet helped achieve your goal?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    How long is a piece of string?
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    I have lost 27lbs since July 11th and still wearing thr same clothes... not for much longer though they are really saggy and baggy. Keep looking forward and before you know it you'll be needing new pants.

Susan
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    All depends on you!
    How honest are you in your food and exercise diaries? Are you logging everything and measuring it all correctly? Are you forgetting to log things?
    How dedicated are you in your workouts? Do you exercise regularly? Are you bringing it each time or slacking because it's hard, you're tired, etc.? It's lovely if you want to do a certain exercise because someone told you it's the best for losing weight but ultimately the best exercise (when getting started) is one that you enjoy. If you don't like doing it, you're not going to do it. Once you get used to the routine of doing something, you'll have the confidence to branch out and try new things.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    It varies greatly from person to person. Initially you may lose weight quickly, but it will slow and become more sustainable. Stick to the calories MFP allows you, and whatever calories you "earn" from exercise. For example, if you are allowed 1300 calories a day according to MFP and work out and burn 300, eat around 1600 calories. Find out what workouts work for your body- I find jogging is fantastic. Don't be afraid to experiment for a couple weeks, and switch things up if you aren't seeing the progress you want. Try not to eat under a net of 1200 a day (If you are allowed 1200 calories and burn 300 working out, you should be eating no less than 1500 calories). I hope this helps!
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    I can only speak for myself. I dropped two pant sizes in one month, from 115kg down to 106kg - Sizes 42/40 down to 38/36.

This was done with going to the gym three times a week, strict diet with absolutely no junk food (soft drinks, fast food, chocolates all out!).

Everyone's body is different so don't expect results based on other people's input. The only true way you're going to know is to battle it out and see!

Good luck!
  • RedHeadChick
    RedHeadChick Posts: 39 Member
    I personally love Brazilian Butt Lift and Turbo Fire. I have issues keeping my lower hips and thighs under control and these programs really target all those spots! Plus they are super fun. I have lost 15 pounds using these programs.

Also I started cutting back on my bread and pasta. I try to keep my diet as clean as possible. And as fresh as I can. So mainly meats, veggies and fruit. Try tracking your food and portion sizes. It is a pain at first but a huge eye opener.

What programs are you currently doing?
  • I think this varies for everyone -- it all depends on what shape your body is. I'm 5 feet 6 inches tall and 174 pounds --comfortable in a size 14, but I can fit in a 12. I didn't drop a pant size until after 20 pounds at least.. BUT that's just my body. Everyone's is different!
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    It takes as long as it takes. :laugh:
    There is no set answer, every person is different. I personally have stuck pretty much to a 40/30/30 or 30/40/30 diet and have done P90X and P90X/Insanity hybrid programs, along with boxing. Some weeks I have lost 5 - 7 lbs, some weeks I gained a few. Most weeks I lost one or two. You will have to just see for yourself and experiment with exercise, diet, zig-zagging calories, etc.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Well I am a SAHM at the moment I walk alot do some crinches, push ups, sit ups leg lifts some stuff.. Hmm I went ti the park today started running a little bit than walk I am trying to gradually run.. I went out and walked for half an hour and I started running but lasted 3 minutes each that's how I know I am out of shape.. I am plainning on doing it again tomorrow.