Worried about my HR

Options
So, I spent 3 hours in the gym today. Starting with step classes, but for the first time, in about 15 minutes I got REALLY dizzy, and had to stop for half an hour. Even after, I could continue so well.
Then, about two hours later, when I got into the stair-treadmill, my heart rate was between 180-190. Usually it stops at 140.
Its very important to mention that I was feeling perfectly fine. Could go on for more 15 minutes or more, but I got really worried.
Is that normal? I'm 17, 5''1.5 ish (Brazilian, 1,57m) and 157lb.
Almost forgot. One of the reasons I got worried was that I have arrhythmia and some other heart conditions.

Replies

• Swoopette
    Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Is that HR from a HRM you are wearing with a chest strap or is it from the treadmill you are on. If you are not wearing a HRM with chest strap its time to put out the money and get one. Specially if you have heart problems to start. I think that is high for a HR. I try not to go above 170 and I am 35 pound over weight. I am sure you will get lots of responses asking if you were wearing a HRM so maybe post again and let us know.
  • LindsayT2012
    LindsayT2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You need to see a doctor dont ask on here espec since you have heart conditions
  • GettingFit4Me2011
    Options
    See your doctor!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    So, I spent 3 hours in the gym today. Starting with step classes, but for the first time, in about 15 minutes I got REALLY dizzy, and had to stop for half an hour. Even after, I could continue so well.
    Then, about two hours later, when I got into the stair-treadmill, my heart rate was between 180-190. Usually it stops at 140.
    Its very important to mention that I was feeling perfectly fine. Could go on for more 15 minutes or more, but I got really worried.
    Is that normal? I'm 17, 5''1.5 ish (Brazilian, 1,57m) and 157lb.
    Almost forgot. One of the reasons I got worried was that I have arrhythmia and some other heart conditions.

Having into consideration your diary, I believe that you may not be eating enough. This when you couple it with intense exercise may lead to feelings of weakness, nausea and dizziness.
    You're very young though and it may be something else more serious, so you should seek medical advice and explain what happened.

Espero que corra tudo bem! Boa Sorte! :)
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    3 hours in the gym? Don't do more than 1 hour of intense cardio work out. You just end up losing musle mass.
    and you do eat before the work out? The maximum heart rate you can go is 220 - age = 215
    so I think your heart rate is OK but you know your body better than anyone else so
    this is NOT a normal heart rate, you should talk to yoru doctor.
  • maaalva
    maaalva Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... I'll set an apointment with my doctor AND buy a HRM... The HRM may take a while though.

fastbelly: I ate about 20 minutes before going to the gym. Obrigada ^^

firedragon064: It wasnt 3 hours of cardio, dont worry. Most of it was strengh training. ^^
    Thanks !