:(

Options
I'm now at my highest weight ever. I am having a LOT of trouble losing weight, but it needs to be done. My face looks ridiculous. Going to the gym had been difficult for me because of my constant panic attacks. It becomes easy for me to avoid locations where they tend to happen, but no more. I have also been eating more than normal, because apparently when I get stressed out, I feel insatiable hunger. And it's not like eating because I'm stressed, but I feel ACTUAL hunger pangs... hunger pangs so real and absurd (i.e. right after I finished eating), I thought I had diabetes. But I do not. Clean bill of health. So. I need to go back to the gym and start eating right. I have two exams on Saturday and I am anticipating feeling weird hunger until then, but hopefully not. Hopefully, I can start eating right tomorrow. No more Chinese food. Thanks for reading my rant.

Replies

• slizzered
    slizzered Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm now at my highest weight ever. I am having a LOT of trouble losing weight, but it needs to be done. My face looks ridiculous. Going to the gym had been difficult for me because of my constant panic attacks. It becomes easy for me to avoid locations where they tend to happen, but no more. I have also been eating more than normal, because apparently when I get stressed out, I feel insatiable hunger. And it's not like eating because I'm stressed, but I feel ACTUAL hunger pangs... hunger pangs so real and absurd (i.e. right after I finished eating), I thought I had diabetes. But I do not. Clean bill of health. So. I need to go back to the gym and start eating right. I have two exams on Saturday and I am anticipating feeling weird hunger until then, but hopefully not. Hopefully, I can start eating right tomorrow. No more Chinese food. Thanks for reading my rant.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I get panic attacks too sometimes and I know how debilitating they can be. When I was 18 I didn't want to go anywhere. It's weird, but things I can't get out of easily used to set me off like traffic jams, crowded arenas, elevators, etc.

It became a mind of matter thing for me and I haven't had a panic attack in a long time.

Start off slowly! Don't expect things to happen over night!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Chew gum it helps alot just make sure it is sugar free.- Don't use panic attacks as an excuse not to hit the gym- You already know what you have to do-- If meal plans are hard if you google for set meal plans then you can measure out all your food for your meals and when they are gone from eating through out the day then thats eat but you will be eating 5-6 times a day even where you will be eating when you aren't hungry but its good for your metabolism.

Cut Carbs out bad Simple Carbs eat Complex carbs- Ease up on the dairy because its loaded with sugars even the skim milk has extra sugars in it- Green Apples are good snacks because they have less sugar than the red apples- last but not least drink water don't drink your calories save them for food- Just a little bit of tips

good luck
  • VickiR
    VickiR Posts: 11
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Good Luck!!!!!!
  • nidjam2
    nidjam2 Posts: 16
    Options
    you've got a awsome support team right here! One day at a time, Thats all you can do dont think to far into it or you get overwhelmed. here for you and good luck and have fun!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily say that panic attacks are an excuse. If you've never had one then you have NO IDEA what they feel like and how scary they can be.
  • slizzered
    slizzered Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No, panic attacks are definitely no excuse. I used to go to the gym regularly back when my panic attacks first started, and exercise helped reduce my panic attacks, so I went CONSTANTLY. Fear is a great motivator. Once my panic attacks invaded my gym space, it became harder to go. But now I just have to face it. It needs to be done!
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    No, panic attacks are definitely no excuse. I used to go to the gym regularly back when my panic attacks first started, and exercise helped reduce my panic attacks, so I went CONSTANTLY. Fear is a great motivator. Once my panic attacks invaded my gym space, it became harder to go. But now I just have to face it. It needs to be done!

Mind over matter
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily say that panic attacks are an excuse. If you've never had one then you have NO IDEA what they feel like and how scary they can be.

What I meant was be stronger than them- Don't let them handicap you to not being able to do things that you enjoy or that better you. Mind over matter