So hard starting!

Options
2»

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Why isn't anyone suggesting fruits and veggies? Everyone says protein and yes that is good but fruits and veggies are low calorie and filling. As I look at peoples menus they aren't hardly eating any of them. This isn't healthy. Try eating an apple. It takes time and it fills you up. Not to mention the vitamins.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned fruits and vegetables...
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Why isn't anyone suggesting fruits and veggies? Everyone says protein and yes that is good but fruits and veggies are low calorie and filling. As I look at peoples menus they aren't hardly eating any of them. This isn't healthy. Try eating an apple. It takes time and it fills you up. Not to mention the vitamins.
    Good point on adding veggies! However, I am not sure of fruits. Myself never have had luck with fruits. They can be calorie loaded, too!

Personally I love fruits and no matter how many I eat I see no negative effect such as weight gain from the sugars or calories in it, but we're all different of course.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've been pacing my food throughout the day like mini-meals. If I know I'm having cereal and fruit for breakfast, I'll eat the cereal around 8ish and then have my fruit around 10ish, with lunch at 12ish and so on. That has worked for me and keeps me from getting that starving feeling during the day.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Rather than jumping in head first and making millions of changes all at once, why not gradually ease yourself into it by making one small change at a time? Too many people try to do too much too quickly and fail as a result. When I started, the first thing I did was to give up chocolate. It was a tiny, almost meaningless change in the grand scheme of things, but soon after I made another change, and another, and before long I was being far, far healthier than I had ever been before. And because of the way I gradually introduced the healthy things into my routine, it felt completely natural and it didn't feel like I was depriving myself or making drastic changes and doing too much.

This is key.

I also believe that you are not eating nearly enough. That sounds miserable.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Good point on adding veggies! However, I am not sure of fruits. Myself never have had luck with fruits. They can be calorie loaded, too!

Personally I love fruits and no matter how many I eat I see no negative effect such as weight gain from the sugars or calories in it, but we're all different of course.
    Yeah. I guess it also depends on what fruits we are eating. :)
  • RedHeadChick
    RedHeadChick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Try adding more fruits and veggies into your diet. That should help your body maintain energy as well as keep you more satisfied. More LIVE FOOD!
  • RedHeadChick
    RedHeadChick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good job getting started though! Keep up the good work!

Also you can't go wrong with protein, fruits and veggies. Just take care of how much dairy and grains you have. Balance is the key.