Creating nutritional facts for our own recipes

Options
Okay, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a website that will create the nutritional facts (carbs, calories, fat, sugar, protein, sodium, etc.) if we enter the amount of each ingredient we use in a recipe?

I am sure many of you just estimate with a recipe that is similar to yours, but what if we make totally different recipes that don't have similar ingredients. For example, I make banana bread w/ : Oat flour, butter, baking powder, eggs, vanilla extract, and of course bananas. No sugar... haven't found a banana bread recipe out there that doesn't use sugar and has its nutritional information yet. I have other recipes that I would like the information for as well. Thanks for your time and help everyone! :)

Replies

• KKluvUSC
    KKluvUSC Posts: 37
    Options
    Okay, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a website that will create the nutritional facts (carbs, calories, fat, sugar, protein, sodium, etc.) if we enter the amount of each ingredient we use in a recipe?

I am sure many of you just estimate with a recipe that is similar to yours, but what if we make totally different recipes that don't have similar ingredients. For example, I make banana bread w/ : Oat flour, butter, baking powder, eggs, vanilla extract, and of course bananas. No sugar... haven't found a banana bread recipe out there that doesn't use sugar and has its nutritional information yet. I have other recipes that I would like the information for as well. Thanks for your time and help everyone! :)
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I use Weight Watchers, but their calculator is based on their points system. Try this site which analyzes recipes:http://www.nutritiondata.com/
    HTH
  • Mala1610
    Mala1610 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi KKlu

Can you give me how to make banana bread please?

Thanks
  • dafne
    dafne Posts: 4
    Options
    you can also use ; http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php ; if you want you can even save your own recipes there.
  • bluroses
    bluroses Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    www.sparkrecipes.com, too. Also, recipezaar.com figures out nutritional info, but if that site doesn't recognize an ingredient, it won't include it in the nutritional data. On sparkrecipes, you can enter ingredients the database may not contain.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    You can just use MFP.
    Add each ingredient in its full amount to a meal. Then when you've created the meal, add one serving to your food history thingie.

To add one serving, just figure out what percent of the original you ate. So, suppose you make soup and eat 1/5th. That's 20%, or 0.2 servings of the whole.

I'll see if I can find the guide I posted awhile back... no reason to go to other sites :)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
  • KKluvUSC
    KKluvUSC Posts: 37
    Options
    THank you all sooo much!