I broke 3 toes and....

Options
tore my calf ligament. It's been almost 2 weeks now and I can't exercise. This is not helping with weight loss.

Any suggestions on what I can do to not fall off the wagon?

Thank you.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Keep your diet in check and heal. Exercise is not absolutely necessary to lose weight
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy.(Make sure you are hitting your macros) Work your upper body. Drink plenty of water. Get decent sleep.
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    upper body exercises with weights...anything that you can do sitting down
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    oh no!!! Sounds like a prescription of RICE, and some good, trashy TV is your remedy! :)

I hope you're getting on the mend soon!

Just watch your calorie intake, drink your water, and keep us on MFP close at hand :) We're here for you!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I had foot surgery in June & could not exercise for 3 months. Google "chair exercises". Also lifting weights seated is good as well. Focus on healing & getting well!!
  • celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I hurt my ankle and am restricted to walking only , i do workout videos i know you can't but I also do 100 sit ups a day , i do the ones from 30 day shred
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry! I hope you heal quickly! Focus on eating healthy. Try seated exercise- use weights if you have them. My gym also has a sort of "hand bike", I don't know what it's called, but you bike essentially with your arms. Could help you get in some cardio. Mostly, just focus on getting better! :D
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    there are machines in the gym that dont require using your feet, just your arms. its like cycling with your arms!, sorry that i can give you a name but im sure someone else will for me!

and also, i know it sounds silly, but do things like punch the air and move them back and forth, at least you will feel like youre doing something! :)

if you have dumbells or hand weights - lift weights while sitting down!

if you can still walk around okay, do some light cleaning.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry! I hope you heal quickly! Focus on eating healthy. Try seated exercise- use weights if you have them. My gym also has a sort of "hand bike", I don't know what it's called, but you bike essentially with your arms. Could help you get in some cardio. Mostly, just focus on getting better! :D

haha!
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ack! I am so sorry to hear about your situation! I hope you are not in any pain? That would completely frustrate me, not being able to do traditional cardio... but Jillian Michaels always talks about planting your feet and doing rapid punches to get your heart rate going. You could try that! On the 30 Day Shred she has you do punches with and without weights in your hands. So if you are able to just stand up, you could do that to get some cardio.

Also, if you use the opportunity to JUST strength train while your toes are healing, you can build lots of fat-burning muscle! If you do that and stay within a good range calorie-wise, you might not lose poundage, but I bet you will lose inches like crazy!!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    both YouTube and PBS have "chair exercise" classes that you could do while you are healing. I second the advice to watch your calories, drink your water and get 7-8 hours of good sleep. You should be able to stay on track until those toes and muscles heal.
  • Kathy_Kong
    Options
    Thank you for all the advise. I am so upset and just want to pig out. I was in bed for 1 whole week and did nothing!