EVERYTHING YOU SHOULD KNOW

Options

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    OP you need to do alot more reading and research before you make posts like this. Most of your information here is false and full of broscience.
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    Some of these facts are questionable.
    This!
    Agreed :flowerforyou:
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    All I see are a lot of hearts and smileys. You must be a happy person.
  • sistatv
    sistatv Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing what worked for you!
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    thanks for taking the time to put all this info together. I found that over the months Ive been on my new lifestyle journey I have done or experienced a lot of these points.
    To the people who have problems with parts of this post. Remember that everyone has to do what works for them. Some of these items work for me some dont. You dont know until you try them. I dont do calorie zigzagging but I do carb cycling;. Both more or less accomplish the same thing. keeping your body guessing and keeping you losing weight.

Again thanks for the post!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chmer
    chmer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also found the post to be motivational and was quite surprised by some of the replies.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    good point! it depends person to person and how one set it up. If you calculated your daily exercise into your "acticity level" than those calories are already counted in. If you counted in only the calories burned other than typical exercise (like standing at work, wlaking at work, etc) than the exercise calories aren't calculated in. My level most of day aside from daily exercise is sedentry, so my calories aren'ts calculate into the daily calories. However if I said I am highly active because of the daily exercise routine than calories would be calculate into it.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on the exercise calories bit. Your daily goal is adjusted according to your activity level but your exercise calories aren't figured into it. If you want to be reasonably accurate with your goals you need to set your activity level to what it actually is and log your exercise. I'm on my feet and moving all day at work plus I get a fairly good work out in 6 mornings a week. It's not reasonable to assume that someone who's sedentary during their daily life but works out a comparable amount has the same needs as I do. That last bit is assuming they have the same height/age/sex/etc. Nice, informative post though. Thanks for taking the time to be encouraging.
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    There are some flaws in the post and maybe some of facts are questionsable, I will agree. I just shared what has worked for me and other who have shared their information with me. I am no scientist and I don't know everything, I just shared what has worked for me along with some other things I've found over time.

I am sorry for those of you why I offended by posting couple times

***EXERCISING EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK PART***
    You supposed to take at least one day of rest. I put down monday-sunday by mistake, I was trying to show to switch up exercise every other day.

***FOR MEAL FREQUENCY FIX***
    If you are eating three square meals a day - start adding snacks in between (which may mean reducing the portion size of the main meals).Eating more often can help curb cravings and binge eating. Smaller meals in right portions of carb/protein/fat can keep blood sugar/insulin stable and encourage more fat burning while in the “fed” state all day long.
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    I am a happy person but that is not why I put those there, I put it so it's easier to navigate and read since you can't underline/bold/italisize words on here.
    All I see are a lot of hearts and smileys. You must be a happy person.
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    Thank you everyone who has been so nice and to those with constructive critisism!
    Glad you for those who enjoyed the post :flowerforyou:
  • Nosila0815
    Nosila0815 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Smaller meals in right portions of carb/protein/fat can keep blood sugar/insulin stable and encourage more fat burning while in the “fed” state all day long.
    Being sated does not have any bearing on how well you burn fat. None. Eating smaller meals can be a better strategy for some simply for not feeling hungry or keeping a more even blood sugar level. It still won't affect your weight loss unless you're eating over your calories(TDEE).
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for those of you why I offended by posting couple times

Just so you know, it's actually against the rules to post the same thing multiple times.
    9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups

Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam. Please note that this is NOT a guideline against inadvertently posting a question another member has asked before. We explicitly allow members to post questions that have been asked previously by other members. If you see a member post a topic that you think has been asked before by another member, please respond politely or simply move on. However, the same member cannot ask the same question or post the same topic more than once.
    from http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Couldn't read, too many hearts.
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    People don't need to be so harsh, you obviously put hard work in to this and although everything may not work for everyone it's still nice that you did it.
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post, taking the time to write all of this out. And you did say add this in to your daily stuff not you have to do this. No one likes being called out in public some people like to call people out in public. Thank you for caring enough to try to help people out. This post was about things that helped one person telling others about it so it may help them. Critics dont help anyone but themselves.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Critics dont help anyone but themselves.
    Critics who correct incorrect information help everyone.
  • mailoveschayzen
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, much appreciated.