what did you do to successfully handle maintenance mode?

Options
so i'm getting near maintenance and wondered for those of you who have been successful in maintenance - what did you change or do differently when you got to your goal weight/size? did you eat more calories? how many more? is the formula correct at all on here? did you keep your exercise the same or less? did you gradually increase calories? how did it work for you?

Replies

• RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fivezero15
    fivezero15 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I found that when I switched to maintenance mode and kept to the calories MFP said I could have, I was still losing weight. So I would tell MFP that I exercised 10 more minutes than I actually did every day, and then the calories I was allowed maintained my weight. I pretty much kept my exercise the same and got a few more calories every day.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too. I lost some weight in the past and maintained 80% of that by just eating when I was hungry, I normally like healthier foods anyway... but when I hit my real goal weight I'd like to keep all of it off.
  • alicebud
    alicebud Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am just now getting to maintenance. For the first month after meeting goal, I left my settings as they were and I did drop another pound, so, them I switched my setting to maintain and will see how ths goes. I find that I can easily consume the extra 200 calories per day (200 is the difference in calories MFP calculated for me) by drinking a juice or adding an afternoon snack. I am curious his maintenance is working for others as well.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    yeah i was thinking about increasing calories a little each week until i get to what they are expecting me to eat.