Greek yogurt

Options
How much should be the max to eat in a day? I usually eat three 6 oz. containers a day.

Replies

• Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    How much should be the max to eat in a day? I usually eat three 6 oz. containers a day.

I'm sure you should have some variety in your diet, but other than that, why would there be a max? Are you eating plain or the kind with sugar? Maybe make one or 2 of them plain if they aren't already. I LOVE Fage 0% plain with a little honey and pomegranate seeds...YUM!!!
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a specific maximum. As long as you're getting your other nutrients and keeping to your calorie goal, you should be fine. Maybe track your protein if you're concerned - Greek yogurt does have a lot of protein in it so you might not need as much protein from other sources if you're eating a lot.
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani, but can't eat too many, because of the sugar in it.
  • foodeeee
    foodeeee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Plain 0% yogurt. I can't get enough of it! I eat it in the morning w/ oatmeal, in the afternoon w/ banana and almond butter, and in the evenings as a snack.
  • foodeeee
    Options
    It's not added sugar though, right?
  • dchss80
    Options
    I love taste of inspirations greek yogurt. I usually eat 1 small cup when I get the taste for it.
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Plain 0% yogurt. I can't get enough of it! I eat it in the morning w/ oatmeal, in the afternoon w/ banana and almond butter, and in the evenings as a snack.

oooo, do you mix the yogurt and the almond butter? I just started doing that with peanut butter and it is sooooo good. :)
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Some nights for dinner, I take 4 and an apple into work and eat them through the night. 4 different flavors for variety.
  • foodeeee
    Options
    [/quote]

oooo, do you mix the yogurt and the almond butter? I just started doing that with peanut butter and it is sooooo good. :)
    [/quote]

I put the almond butter on the side so it doesn't get lost ;)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    As long as you are staying within your calorie and macro limits, there is no "max" for any food. You only cross a line when you go over on calories, or if you pay close attention to macros if you go way over one of those.
  • smileteddy
    smileteddy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    In Australia, we have these tubs of "Tamar Valley" greek yogurt, comes in these litle cups that are only around 150 calories each :D

I eat them for a snack or as part of breakfast and its very filling!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    As much as you can afford, lol