Resting heartrate

Options
So what is yours?

Just curious if any other peeps have a high heart rate.

Replies

• kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Mine ranges from about 48 to 54 BPM usually. If I'm sick it increases to about 55 to 60 BPM. I have always had a low resting heart rate though...
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I haven't tested it first thing in the morning, but lying down during the day it's around 56-58.
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    43-48. I remember it being in the high 60s when I was in my early thirties.
  • hhcote
    hhcote Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Always had a RH of 80, no matter my size or fitness level. BP is 107/70 - ish.
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I would love a low one! Mine is 100 resting.

My BP is 110/70 always always around there unless i'm pregnant then it drops way low

Oh also adding mine is cos of my meds that I need. IDK why people would take drugs to increase heart rate you get dizzy and chest pains if it goes too high.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Depending on the day, current stimuli and general activity level between 60-75. Just took it and it was 71.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Funny enough I was at the oral surgeon's today and they had a heart monitor on me. Mine ranged from 49-54, but jumped all the way up to high fifties when they brought the needle out! The dental technician said I likely have a low resting heart rate since I work out a lot and do yoga.

Lucy :)
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    usually about 56-58....
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Mine is 45, give or take a beat. BP is steadily dropping currently at 125 over 75.

When I am at full bore I get it up to 200+bpm, but typically it runs between 130 and 175 when doing cardio.
  • jillmarie31
    jillmarie31 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mine ranges from 43-48ish.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    48...and I don't do any cardio
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Mine runs 73-80.
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    RHR 45-50
    BP 97/54
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I think mine is in the mid 50's, although I've never done it first thing in the morning. Would love to try though :D
  • ritajean3
    Options
    48...and I don't do any cardio

I am assuming you lift I was body by a nurse that athletes and body builders have low heart rates because their body works so efficiently it needs to beat less.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    high 50s/low 60s.

the last time i got my BP taken (Tuesday morning) it was 118/77 (after i had a shot of espresso, haha) and my resting HR was 65.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Mine has always been on the high side of normal. But last December my heart rate was in the mid-90's and my doctor referred me to a cardiologist :( Everything checked out fine, I was just deeply deconditioned. I started attending bootcamp in January and I've been going faithfully 3 times a week. I was back at the doctor last week, my heart rate has dropped down to 71. Woo hoo!
  • ritajean3
    Options
    *high fives*

That is excellent!
  • hhcote
    hhcote Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe how many have such low RHR! That's fantastic. I always wonder if my RHR of 80 is actually a bad thing for my heart for overstress or a good thing for a nice aerobic workout for it! But, when I do get it up during exercise, it comes down very quickly, which is the sign we want.

I went to doc today (diagnosed with bronchitis) and he said, your heart rate's elevated. I told him 80 is my norm, all my life norm, and he looked at me like I had four heads - probably because of my weight. I remember being there last year for physical and had swollen ankles. He said "Oh that's normal for someone your age." (And probably my weight is what he was thinking) Then he took my BP and made a funny noise after. I thought it was a problem so I asked what it was. He said, in a surprised voice "it's 106/72." I'll bet my bottom dollar that he thought it would be elevated because of my swollen ankles and fatness!

The swollen ankles, I found out a week later at an orthopedist, are caused by the pinched nerves caused by the newly diagnosed herniated disks in my lower lumbar!

No, there aren't that many doctors around here to choose from, so I can't switch as of yet.