What's the Firm?

Options
I saw it in walmart while desperately searching for two JM DVDs (which they didn't have). Has anyone done it, is it good?

Replies

• ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Great Tom Cruise movie!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Great Tom Cruise movie!

No such thing. :tongue:
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have TONS of videos from The Firm, and I've always been a huge fan. My stuff is all their older stuff though, so I probably can't comment on the new stuff. If you want a preview of something, look up the video on collagevideo.com and you'll see tons of reviews and a preview of the video.

PS - Top Gun is still my all time favorite move :-)
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Great Tom Cruise movie!

No such thing. :tongue:

hahahahahaaaaa awesome
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It's also a band...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's also a band...

Jimmy Page!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The firm is good, I too have some of the older ones. It is hard for me though, something about that very high step block, although I havent tried it recently with the weightloss I have accomplished thus far and may jus surprise myself...hmmmmmm
  • desamere
    Options
    I started using them about two years ago a really liked 'em. "The Firm Body Sculpting System" is the set of videos that come with a weighted bar and the fanny lifter(I got the whole set on ebay for less than $80) I lost a lot of wt using those and they really toned me up.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    The Firm came out in 1979. They have some good cardio workouts. The workouts can be too fast for a lot of people. To me all the instructors sound alike.

I don't like step workouts. I don't care who it's by. I have some of The Firm step workouts. I don't do them.

I have a lot of The Firms workouts, some old and newer ones. I like Kelsie Daniels. I will share some of her workouts that's posted on youtube.

You can find her workouts on youtube.

1. The Firm: 500 Calorie Workout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JltlRICgI0Q

2. The Firm Tight Buns Killer Legs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzxN3Z8QFWg&feature=related

3. The Firm: Pump Jump & Jab: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_dsCYUz9tQ
  • leahhelene
    leahhelene Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have TONS of videos from The Firm, and I've always been a huge fan. My stuff is all their older stuff though, so I probably can't comment on the new stuff. If you want a preview of something, look up the video on collagevideo.com and you'll see tons of reviews and a preview of the video.

PS - Top Gun is still my all time favorite move :-)

i like the old ones, and I do them too. iuse the body sculpting videos with the fanny lifter. How do you log them on MFP? I don't find a way to do that. All I've been able to do is call it cardio, and then use the calorie count for strength training. that does not seem very accurate.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy The Firm, I have three older DVD's for the TransFirmer.
  • firedancer22
    Options
    i literally just got done doing the balance ball workout from the firm. i love it. it doesn't feel like you're doing too terribly much, but the next day, i feel strong....and sore!

i bought it on amazon for about $15, and it came with the ball, an air pump to inflate it, and the dvd.