Any Run Disney fans or runners that have run at Disney?

Options
I'm currently training for my 2nd goofy challenge. Any one currently training for a Disney race for 2012? Would love to find some runners/walkers who are currently training doesn't have to be a Disny race it's just my addiction other than food!

Replies

• Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Wait... You can run at Disneyworld/land? NEW GOAL!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options

The "bling" is amazing compared to what we get from local races if anything!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I saw in another post that you're running the half Marathon one day, then the Marathon the next. You are my hero. I can't even imagine (yet).
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'm a total Disney geek and had completely intended to run the Tinker Bell Half Marathon at Disneyland next year, but procrastinated (read: chickened out) and the race reached capacity. I think it would be amazing to earn that Cost to Coast Race Challenge medal. *swoon*
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i am!!!!!
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You can run AT BOTH! In fact, if you run at Disneyworld and Disneyland IN THE SAME YEAR you get a special "Coast to Coast" medal which is AWESOME!

I'm looking at the Princess 1/2 for 2013... MAYBE the wine and dine 1/2 in 2012, but it would be during my wedding week - not sure how much pressure I want to put on myself that week. lol
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    You can run AT BOTH! In fact, if you run at Disneyworld and Disneyland IN THE SAME YEAR you get a special "Coast to Coast" medal which is AWESOME!

I'm looking at the Princess 1/2 for 2013... MAYBE the wine and dine 1/2 in 2012, but it would be during my wedding week - not sure how much pressure I want to put on myself that week. lol

The wine and dine was awesome! We ran it this year and loved the night race. Much different than starting at 530am. I'm not a big drinker but an ice cold beer after finishing was a fun way to end the race! If you can get there it's well worth the trip!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm a total Disney geek and had completely intended to run the Tinker Bell Half Marathon at Disneyland next year, but procrastinated (read: chickened out) and the race reached capacity. I think it would be amazing to earn that Cost to Coast Race Challenge medal. *swoon*
    I just started running in April so had signed up for the 5K at the Tinkerbell. My sister and a friend are running the half. By the time I decided I might be able to handle the half by then, it was sold out. I'll do the 5K this time and am definitely planning to do the half in 2013.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Im in ... was going to run the marathon but due to injuries I just had to back down to the half marathon instead! Im a bit sad but excited to run my first Disney race .... and yes I plan on the coast to coast as well :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I just started running in April so had signed up for the 5K at the Tinkerbell. My sister and a friend are running the half. By the time I decided I might be able to handle the half by then, it was sold out. I'll do the 5K this time and am definitely planning to do the half in 2013.

Thanks for posting about the Never Land 5K. I'd totally forgotten about it and wrote it off in my mind! I just checked and it is only 66% full. Only thing is that it is on my hubby's birthday and I really don't think it is fair to him for me to hijack his day for a race. Unless he secretly wants to run it too...:laugh:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    The Disneyland Star Tours 5K last September was my very first run event ever. I'd planned on the Disneyland Half being my first half next year, but that 5K got me addicted to run events and I did a 7K in October and have a 10K this Saturday. Then I plan on started training for a half after the new year and running one sometime in April-ish.

I'll still run the DL Half next year though, it just won't be my first.

The 5K path was awesome though, instead of heading out onto the streets like the half has to, we started by the parking structure and the whole run wove through Disneyland, the backstage areas of both Disneyland and California Adventure and ended in California Adventure. It was a Disneyland addict's dream come true to see all the stuff we got to see. :D
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE Disney fan and I'm planning to do the Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2013. Getting to wear a tiara and run through the castle is really the only reason I can think of to run that many miles! I am NOT a runner (at least not yet) and even though I learned about the race this summer, I knew there was no way I'd be able to do it in 2012. I've recruited several other girlfriends and we're going to leave the kiddos (and husbands) home to make it a Girls' Weekend.

Would love to connect with anyone else who might be looking at the 2013 Princess as well. :)
  • Jeep429
    Jeep429 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I LOVEEEE Disney and just recently got interested in Run Disney! I just started the Couch to 5K program and am planning on doing the 5K at the Tower of Terror 10-Miler in November and I plan on running the Princess Half in 2013! Registration opens up July 10th for that! :) Can't wait!!!!!!! :) Im a TOTAL BEGINNER runner.....feel free to add me!!! :)
  • Foxefabuluz
    Foxefabuluz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to run the Princess Half in 2013 and the Princess Marathon in 2014. :smile:
  • sunnyrunner77
    sunnyrunner77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up to run the Tower of Terror 10Miler in September. Unfortunately I now live in NC (former Orlando-er), so Disney races take more coordination and funds than the "old days" so no plans for any others yet. I'm currently in week 5 of the C25K. Anyone else running that race, please friend me, maybe we can lend each other support during the race (good chance I'm going to need a lot of it, I'll be thrilled just to make it in under the 16min. mile cutoff!).
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    The Goofy is on my short list of things I want to do ASAP. Right after an Ironman.