Spilled water on digital scale..

Options
The other day. It was a small amount, thankfully, and I promptly wiped it down thoroughly. However, I am a bit concerned because it is glass (or some other similar clear element) and it is a double-layered square thing, the top layer being the part you stand and the second layer housing the battery, display etc. It appears to be working, but I have noticed my weight has been the exact same for 4 days now, which has never happened. (I spilled the water 2 days ago.) I have been eating consistently at maintenance, but my weight usually fluctuates. I weigh myself every day on the hard floor in the bathroom, and it's been showing the same weight. But when I weigh myself on my carpeted floor, it changes, which is how it normally works.
Anyway.. long story short, do you think it's malfunctioning, or it's ok? I inherited this one, and don't have money for a new one..

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Don't worry......

it's just water weight....
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Try weighing yourself...then pick up a 2L carton of milk...you should weigh almost 5lbs more.

Or just put something of a known weight on the scale, and test it.
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    If it goes up, it's broke. If it goes down, keep it. Weigh the cat just to make sure it still knows other numbers before deciding.:drinker:
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    why don't you try weighing yourself holding a dumb-bell... or anything really. If you do not see an appropriate increase you will know something is wrong!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Don't worry......

http://instantrimshot.com
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Don't worry......

I'll take "Responses I Wish I'd Thought of First," for $1000, Alex.
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If it goes up, it's broke. If it goes down, keep it. Weigh the cat just to make sure it still knows other numbers before deciding.:drinker:

I TOTALLY was thinking of that earlier!! lmao I'm gonna go grab her now.. :D
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Don't worry......

http://instantrimshot.com

Har har