Hi can you help im new

Options
i have not done much exercise this week but i work and i always work standing up or running around would you count that as exercise i only work afew hours every few days but i worked today for 3 hours would you count that as exercise?? and also my bmr says 1499 what does that mean do i have to have at least them calories because my goal says i should only eat 1220 can you help me please??? im new :blushing:

Replies

• crazybaby
    crazybaby Posts: 17
    Options
    i have not done much exercise this week but i work and i always work standing up or running around would you count that as exercise i only work afew hours every few days but i worked today for 3 hours would you count that as exercise?? and also my bmr says 1499 what does that mean do i have to have at least them calories because my goal says i should only eat 1220 can you help me please??? im new :blushing:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The calories you burn during work should be included in your activity level, which is on your Goals page. (MyHome/Goals/Change Fitness Goals/Normal Daily Activities.) So it's not really "exercise" but you get calorie credit for it.

You can play around with your calorie intake. On that same Goals page you can adjust how fast you want to lose weight (up to 2 lbs. per week) and this will be reflected in your Target Calorie Goal.
  • rndalsn
    rndalsn Posts: 26
    Options
    I agree. I would not count it as exercise. You can just put your daily activity level as "active." I would definitely try and fit in some exercise though. Even if you have 15 minutes, you can do jumping jackets, go for a walk... anything is better than nothing! Good luck!:happy Also, the 1220 calories sounds about right for what you should be eating. If you do exercise though, you will be able to eat more calories!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    most professionals define exercise as anything outside of your normal daily routine that raises your heart rate for a period of time. If you do this every day, and it's not noticably difficult for you (at least a little), then it's really not exercise, as the posts above said, it's just your way of life, or IOW your activity level.

as to BMR, with 24 lbs to lose, you should probably be above your BMR for your minimum calories. Ther are some great threads stickied to the general Diet and Weight Loss section of the boards, you should read them (they are the ones with the yellow lock icon next to them at the top of the section), they should be able to give you a really good starting point. If you read those and still have questions, then ask away, I'm sure anyone here would be glad to help you out.
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I personally would not count that as exercise due to the fact when you do something all the time your body get use to that. That is why it is good to switch up your exercise so you body does not read it as your norm. But good luck and welcome to the site. I only been on since April 1st and everyone on here has been great and very helpful.