REALLY NEAT TOOL!!!

Options
Hi everyone! I received my Prevention magazine yesterday and their website has the neatest motivational tool. It is a Weight Loss Simulator where you can customize two 3-D models of yourself. One of you at your current weight and one at your goal weight. (I think you can even upload a picture to make it even more accurate, but that's beyond my skills!:tongue: )
It is really awesome! A really good visual reminder of what you are striving for!
You have to go to their website at prevention.com and locate the link from there.
I hope you find it as helpful as I did!

Becky

Replies

• beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Hi everyone! I received my Prevention magazine yesterday and their website has the neatest motivational tool. It is a Weight Loss Simulator where you can customize two 3-D models of yourself. One of you at your current weight and one at your goal weight. (I think you can even upload a picture to make it even more accurate, but that's beyond my skills!:tongue: )
    It is really awesome! A really good visual reminder of what you are striving for!
    You have to go to their website at prevention.com and locate the link from there.
    I hope you find it as helpful as I did!

Becky
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I did the old me vs. the new me, and it was neat to see. I do think though they make them a bit skinnier than reality, no? Just my finding.
    :flowerforyou:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Well that certainly was interesting. I noticed a range of 10 to 15 lbs before the size of the picture changed though, 115-130 was one size and 110- was another. I only noticed because 115 looked solid and 110 looked wafer-thin.

I'll tell you though, when I put in my starting weight vs. my goal weight - that was a huge difference! I put the bikini on her and it was great motivation to continue towards my goal!

Thanks for the link!! :smile:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Cool! I will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing! :drinker:
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I tried this out, but at my height, it didn't show any difference in the model for a 17lbs loss. In fact I had to put the after model at 135lbs before it even changed from 162lbs. I see a difference on me...a lot of a difference.
    This model generator is probably a lot better if you have/had more weight to lose. In a way, it made me kinda sad that the computer didn't "think" 17lbs made a difference in body type.
  • K2T4e2n6
    K2T4e2n6 Posts: 50
    Options
    Maybe I just got lucky but mine was right on the mark! It actually had the bathing suit on there that I want to get for summer. I'm definitely going to be stepping it up at the gym b/c I've got plans at the end of July and would like to show off my new body. Great motivator. Thanks so much for posting.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    great motivation! I'm going to look hawt!:wink: