Hi Everyone

Options
I'm 359 pounds wow, how did that happen? I already know. A bad divorce and a polish mother who likes to feed everyone! I have really bad tendonitis that makes it very hard to walk, but I'm going to do this. I've lost 13 lbs., I'm hungry! Anyone else out there hate vegetables? What do you do to fill up?

Replies

• musicalmom
    Options
    I'm 359 pounds wow, how did that happen? I already know. A bad divorce and a polish mother who likes to feed everyone! I have really bad tendonitis that makes it very hard to walk, but I'm going to do this. I've lost 13 lbs., I'm hungry! Anyone else out there hate vegetables? What do you do to fill up?
  • RyanTompsett
    Options
    :happy: i drink plenty of water and walk around the block
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i used to hate a lot of them, but try them again, the things that i used to hate, now i love

i tried butternut squash last year and i now love it! :flowerforyou:

welcome to the site!
  • KITTYKITTYBUTTER
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP hun and congrats on the 13 lbs that's great keep up the great work I agree with the others give the vegs another try you may learn to love them or just tolerate them lol
  • heather93277
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: You're in a good place for success!

I am not a veggie lover either, but here's something Rachel Ray actually taught me (not me personally, but saw it on her show once HAHA)... put a little chicken or vegetable stock in a pot, throw your veggies in (like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc), season with a little bit of salt and a lot of pepper, maybe some fresh garlic and onion (whatever you do like), cover and let simmer until veggies are desired firmness. I know it's not the same as steaming them with water, but it's more healthy than no veggies at all and I actually ENJOY them this way, so hey, that's something. :wink:

Also, get creative with salads... that's another way I sneak the veggies in that I can actually tolerate haha. Best of luck to you!! :wink:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

welcome, one day at a time.

Start off with bowls of fruit and veggies, get over the slump and eat lots of salads nad healthy proteins.

There are several web sites as well that can help with this.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Congratulations on your 13lb loss thus far. Good luck on your journey. You're in the right place.
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    HI welcome! You're doing great so far!

I started in January at 350 lbs and have lost about 25lbs so far, so I can relate. On of the first things I did was start treating myself to the "luxury" fruits and veggies that I really liked. I figured out that if I was ok with spending $1.50 on a donut or a chocolate bar, then it was ok for me to go for the $1.00 Asian pear or the good vine ripened tomatoes instead.

If you think of cooking and eating new foods in terms of experiments in creativity, rather than dieting and 'being good', it goes a long way. ps - try making sure you have a good protein with your meals - it sticks with you longer so you don't feel so hungry.

Keep up the good work, you are going to love it here!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy: