Wii or Xbox Kinect??

Options
My kids have moaned for years about not having a PSP or Xbox, but wondered which of the Xbox or Wii is better for getting workouts on?

Replies

• chillijam1
    chillijam1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hi looking at the market now id say xbox kinect ,you dont have to have remote in your hand which is a plus when exercising :smile:
  • madballjs
    Options
    well i had both systems and in my opinion the Xbox is the better of them you don't have to hold a controller when doing the workout. the Kinect is a great add on to the Xbox even the games them selves give you a workout. then when you get an actual workout game you really feel it. be warned it will make you break a sweat before you know it.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have both and KINECT ALL THE WAY!!! I recommend Your Shape, The Biggest Loser and Zumba :) All awesome fun and leave you sweating!!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    we have had both, i think the Xbox Kinect no remotes, so no batteries to have to keep replacing much more fun
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    my 4yo has gotten alot of enjoyment out of the Wii, but my mother in law is buying him an xbox kinect for chrissy so cant really say how that will be, only thing there would be is that there isnt as many games available right now for it
  • Creaswen
    Options
    I would have to say the kinect ... I worked for an electronics company for a while before they went outta business and every time I would show the new kinect off I would feel as though I had just left the gym. The Wii however even the Wii fit can be played on the couch if you are so inclined to do that... the kinect actually sees you and will tell you to stand up.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    my 4yo has gotten alot of enjoyment out of the Wii, but my mother in law is buying him an xbox kinect for chrissy so cant really say how that will be, only thing there would be is that there isnt as many games available right now for it

oooh, he's going to be spoilt haha

I would love to try kinect.. I would hate for my wii games to go to waste though
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Kinect FTW... Wii is too constricting (definitely for workouts like Zumba) with the two controllers or attachments that are needed like the Wii Fitness board. It is so much easier just to turn on the Kinect and Go.
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have both, but I think the Kinect is much better for a workout...and the "games" for the Kinect will have the kids up and moving much more than the Wii.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Whatever is cheapest for when they get bored a week later.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Kinect absolutely!
  • FatGirlSlim899
    FatGirlSlim899 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Kinect. I haven't ever tried the wii, so I'm sure that's still a good choice, but the Kinect is fantastic. When I don't feel like going down to the gym I just bust out my Dance Central game (it has a workout mode) and give it a good hour on that. On the workout mode is have a calorie counter, so you know exactly what you are roughly burning. There is a wide variety of fitness games for it (seems to be what they're aiming at) so you won't be stuck for choice.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    On the workout mode is have a calorie counter, so you know exactly what you are roughly burning.

Lol, just had to say that I found this funny: exactly what you are roughly burning :p

Rough yes, if you want exact, get a HRM. They are awesome!