Aspiring airman looking for some workout buddies

Options
Hey ya'll!

I joined this website to find a way to keep track of my fitness in a consistent and organized manner. But I also joined to get some support since it can be really hard to stay motivated on your own.

I haven't exercised on an active level since high school and recently got back to doing so in order to get ready for the air force. Physically, I may look kinda skinny and all, but my strength and endurance suck since I can't even pass the bare minimum on ANY of the air force physical fitness requirements!

I've got two months left to prepare, but progress has been going by slowly. So it'd be nice to have some fitness "battle buddies" (or in this case, fitness "wingmen" lol) fight this war on couch potato-ism with me. xD

Replies

• zumbasalsera
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend! I love fitness AND I am in the Air Force too (15years this Jan) so I'd be happy to be a sounding board for you on that as you begin that journey. Good luck to you!
  • Lt_Hawkeye
    Options
    Awesome! I sent you a friend request. :)
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    21 years in the AF. I found that P90X really helped me a lot with my PT test. I missed scoring 90 points on my PT test by 2 seconds. All I did was P90X. This site also helped keep my weight in check. If you need help let me know.
  • Lt_Hawkeye
    Options
    21 years, wow! Will you be retiring soon? My dad did 20 years in the navy and retired as E-6. He's not much in good shape anymore though lol

I'm reluctant to try P90x because since I just got back into exercising a few months ago. I started everything too quickly and ended up getting patellofemoral syndrome. It really hurt to walk around campus with sharp pains in my knee, so my doctor recommended that I wear knee braces and start with baby steps in my fitness plans.

Mainly I've been doing circuit training on those Jillian Michaels videos and also running on my treadmill to see how my form is when running. It helped a lot to see where I needed improvement since I haven't ran since high school. I also do some stationary bicycling every now and then to ease the pain in my knee joints and build up endurance in my thighs.

I only have time to work out 3 times a week, but hopefully I will get more time once this college semester is over. However, I think I need to step up my fitness to the next level and have been wondering what's the fastest way to build up the strength needed to do at least 18 push-ups in 1 minute and 42 sit-ups in 1 minute (can only do girl push-ups right now because I still can't go down all the way with arms bent at 90 degrees whenever I do full push-ups). I can't do 90X yet because it's a bit advanced for my fitness level.