banana-good or bad???

Options
Hi everyone, i want to lose stomach fat so i was wondering shall i eat bananas because i've read somewhere that you shouldn't eat bananas if you want to lose stomach fat and i want to her your advice?

Replies

• Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i eat bananas everyday and im losing tummy fat! :)
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's possible for any fruit or veggie to be bad. I also don't really believe in targeting specific parts for reduction with food or exercise. These are my thoughts, I have nothing to back it up with, just wanted to share my opinion.

Good luck!
  • razorspells
    Options
    fruits and vegetables are all good, but like all other foods must be balanced and taken in moderation :smile:
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, i want to lose stomach fat so i was wondering shall i eat bananas because i've read somewhere that you shouldn't eat bananas if you want to lose stomach fat and i want to her your advice?

Anything in excess is bad, but if you stay within your calorie range you will still lose weight...even from your stomach. Mind sharing that site so I can go troll?
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits your calorie and sugar goal... go for it =)
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can spot reduce - and there is no such thing as good foods and bad foods! ... I don't like bananas and eat them anyway because I know they're good for potassium - also they're so expensive if they start to go bad in the fruit bowl I feel I HAVE to eat them!
  • determinedcrystal
    determinedcrystal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    just make sure you eat fruit in moderation
  • pj4432
    pj4432 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Dont think by eating bananas it will stop you from losing stomach fat, but they do have a high content of sugar, albeit natural sugars. I eat a banana each day and I notice when I update my food list, it makes me go over my sugar intake for the day.
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Really ? that's one of the only kinds of food I let myself go nuts on!
  • Sebnem123
    Sebnem123 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i don't know which site was it...i was looking for sth else and read that...
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I love bananas, they might have carbs, but it's natural sugar and great for potassum. Which helps with my periodic leg cramps. I eat about 3-4 per week.

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

Really ? that's one of the only kinds of food I let myself go nuts on!

Well, it's better to go nuts on fruit than on chocolate or deep-fried food. :) But fruit have calories like any other food, so if you eat 8 apples a day on top of your normal intake, it's still 640-1000 cals more than what you should eat!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    The myth about bananas being bad for you springs from the myth that carbs are magically fattening (bananas are considered high carb by some people.)

I wouldn't worry about it as unless you are eating so many of them that you are no longer in a calorie deficit. They are a good source of potassium and coming in at about 90ish calories per medium sized banana are a relatively low calorie snack.
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce fat and that is a FACT !

Banana is a good source of potassium and carbs but has quite a large frutose content (sugar).....I take one banana 45 mins before training for energy.

As been mentioned in earlier posts everything in moderation, as long as you keep to your calorie intake they will be no problem
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    There's an obesity epidemic in America. The culprit? Bananas.
  • antoninamae
    antoninamae Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    lmao @ clukis