What dumb thing did you do?

cessnaholly
cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
edited October 4 in Chit-Chat
When we don't get enough sleep some of us do crazy things. What's the craziest thing you've ever one because of lack of sleep?

I'll start. I tried to shampoo my hair before I got it wet. That didn't work out so well.

I've also boiled water, poured it in the tea cup but forgot to add the tea and sugar.

What about you?

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    I went into a coffee shop at 7 am after working night shift and asked if it was too early to get breakfast. I couldn't figure out till an hour later why they stared confused at me,
  • Haha! I just pulled an all nighter xD they happen too often!

I have got into the shower with my shirt on
    Tried to drink soda without opening the can
    wandered into the neighbors yard thinking it was mine
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    When my son was 6 months I tried to sterilise my hands with boiling water. I had got so used to sterilising things and everything seemed dirty. It was a sign of depression, though. I went and got help after that.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 584 Member
    I ordered breakfast at the drive thru paid, then didn't pick up my food noticed about 30 minutes down the road.
  • jml107
    jml107 Posts: 27
    One of my favorites (because I have many) is when I got into the shower with my glasses on and then tried soaping my face and smashed my glasses into my face. Later during the same shower I then put St. Ives Apricot Scrub into my hair instead of on my face...it was an epic fail of a shower.
  • i almost brushed my teeth with hand soap instead of toothpaste and then put hand lotion in my hair instead of mousse.
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    My brain turns off, and despite where ever I am really supposed to go, I'll drive home or drive to work. Autopilot. So I figure if I lose my mind, at least I'll go where someone knows me. :)
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Used moisturiser to brush my teeth
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Left the house in the morning without realizing my shirt was both inside out and backward. Thankfully I realized it halfway down the street, so I could go back home and fix it (I was walking)
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Only today, I heated up my soup in the microwave, then poured it onto a plate instead of into the bowl! And I'm not even tired!! :blushing:
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    going thru a drive thru for coffee (go figure) I stopped at the garbage can and was waiting for the person inside to take my order!! how dumb did I feel when I realized what i was doing :laugh:
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    when I was at the gym yesterday the manager was trying to get my card to scan me in. I got confused and handed him my money for my water and said, I am not scanned in. he was being really nice and said, i can scan you in. it took another minute before my brain turned on, but only after i said to him, i am so confused...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    I've got two from my college days...

Went in to Subway and ordered a 6" Cold Cut Condom (oops, I mean Combo)

Went to the local ice cream shop and took about 5 mnutes to place my order because I couldn't figure out what I wanted. Those poor people!

More recently, I've shaved one leg then didn't remember to do the other one until after I started getting dressed. I've also forgotten to rinse out the conditioner and ended up getting my towel all goopy.
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    One of my favorites (because I have many) is when I got into the shower with my glasses on and then tried soaping my face and smashed my glasses into my face. Later during the same shower I then put St. Ives Apricot Scrub into my hair instead of on my face...it was an epic fail of a shower.

lmao I had to laugh.

Mine is talking on the phone and then looking for my phone like a crazy mad woman....and it has happened more than once lol
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Once, when my son was a toddler & I was working full time, I was completely exhausted. I got to work, parked my car, got out & locked it b4 realizing the keys were still in the ignition & the motor was running, and my purse was sitting neatly on the passenger seat. I had to go in wearing my prescription sunglasses & work like that til the AAA folks showed up. (My regular glasses were locked up in the car ). :glasses:

P.S. Later that summer, I locked my son in the car & had to have the fire dept come help get him out (it was a very hot August day, no time to wait for AAA).:blushing:
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Used moisturiser to brush my teeth

ugh....i feel for you
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    One morning I poured Kool-Aid into my bowl of cereal instead of milk. Realizing my mistake, I abandoned the cereal and went to pour a glass of Kool-Aid. After several moments of attempting to fill the glass I realized the glass was up-side-down and I had poured red Kool-Aid all over the table (and made a huge mess on the table, furniture, carpet, etc etc).
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    :embarassed: This was after the birth of my second child, and was going throught the first couple of weeks at home. My oldes asked for a sippy cup of milk. I gave him his milk and put the milk jug in the microwave instead of the fridge.. didn't notice til a couple of hours later when my son asked for more milk and I couldn't find the jug in the fridge.. then I saw the microwave door open and the milk inside.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    I feel asleep on the bus and rode its circuit for 2 hours
    I poured syrup in the coffe maker once
  • I once pre-paid for gas and drove off with out fueling up
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Fell down the stairs. Missed the first step because I was rubbing my eyes and just totally zoned out down the stairs. Yep, looked like I had my *kitten* kicked by some big rough and tough chicks. I later claimed I was in a bar fight.

I also put the coffee can in the fridge and the creamer in the cabinet.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    I ordered breakfast at the drive thru paid, then didn't pick up my food noticed about 30 minutes down the road.

:laugh: too funny
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Almost brushed my teeth with diaper rash creme- good thing I caught it first...yuck

I put milk away in the cabinet & cereal in fridge...
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Ok - So this is a TRUE STORY as told by some of my "employees" at the time.

I work in a very fast paced environment working with Customs (Homeland Security) So a few years ago they started this new program. Our company and Customs system would "talk" to each other - I was working 16 hour shifts going home getting broken sleep because I was getting calls on how to fix things that went wrong...so anyway.....

I was moving in that time frame and there were glitches going on at work....I have gotten home after working 18 hours was getting calls every half hour....

So.....apparently at some point someone called me, he asked his question and I feel asleep on the phone (while still holding it to my ear) He sat on the phone waiting for me to wake up...which apparently took 10 minutes......and if that wasnt bad enough I woke up answered his question...hung up ...and ten minutes later got another call.....the girl asked the question she needed to know and I replied with -- put the pots and pans to the side and I will deal with them later (i guess i was dreaming about my moving adventure) she asked again and I repeated the pots and pans answer, she then said, corrie , its robin, i need to know...this... and apparently i gave the right answer.....

Dumb, over tired, over worked, whatever it's still a great story today.....they still laugh at me.....
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Our scanner is located in the break room (yeah I don't know why but it is) and one day I needed to scan drawings so I went in the break room and instead of putting the drawings on the scanner I put them in the microwave. WTF?
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Got out of my car at work and left the engine running... ALL DAY.. not one dang person told me it was running guess my car runs quiet. :ohwell:
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    I was walking around a grocery store when I realized my purse was not in my cart. Someone I knew came up to me, right as I started to panic. She asked how I was doing and I blurted out that I thought someone had stolen my purse. She kinda looked at me funny and I realized that my purse was still on my shoulder....
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Just remembered this. Yes, I'm suffering from a couple days of lack of sleep right now... haha. It was a "fibro fog" week, not from lack of sleep (well, fogs and poor sleep go hand in hand, so could be from that, too)

In one week, I managed to both leave my debit card in the ATM and lock my keys in the car - while it was running. I have no idea how I pulled that off.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    I lay out my kids' clothes every morning for school, and I left a dress out for my son. Didn't realize it until he called me while I was already on my way to work.
  • When I left for work one morning, particularly tired, I went to the cash machine and took out £20. It was only once I was on the train that I realised I had forgotten to take the money.

I also fell asleep on a tube once from Acton (west London) after a night out and woke up in Stratford (east London) about 40 minutes later. I'd completely missed my stop and there were two guys sitting opposite me laughing at me. I have no idea what I was doing in my sleep :(
This discussion has been closed.