really???? LOL

Options
i was just looking at the news online and came across this headline--FEEL LIKE YOUR HUNGRY ALL THE TIME? why yes-yes i do. today--like yesterday---i feel like i could eat the entire building and still have room for dessert. so i read the article to see what words of wisdom i am going to get so that i will not feel like this. i will share it with you just in case you feel the same.

7 tips that will help control your appetite per the article.

1. eat breakfast--do not skip meals (i do that---i never skip meals because i am hungry)
2. stay hydrated (i drink 2-3 32 oz bottles of water a day--sometimes with lemon--i could float a boat with how much i drink)
3. get plenty of sleep (i sleep plenty--tylenol pm makes sure of that)
4. think before you snack (i do---i think about what i want to snack on) :)
5. think of something else ( ok---what will i eat for lunch and supper) ;/
6. take it one day at at time (isnt that all anyone can do? i cant take two at a time or else it would be the weekend every day)
7. stick with it. (ok---i have nothing else to do)

somehow i feel like this has all been said before and will be said again. so really???? do we need another article saying the same thing. hasnt anyone come up with a different reason i am hungry all the time???? NO---oh well guess i need to do steps 4 and 5 right now. LOL.

i hope everyone has a great day and if you do have some tricks that you use to help----please share. i could really use the support today.

now---off to the breakroom. :)

Replies

• slinky8113
    slinky8113 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Haha I loved your post :) no tips unfortunately in fact I feel hungry now! Oooooo :(
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Tricks? It's all about you and your resolve.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Now I'm hungry again :sad:
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Embrace the hunger. It won't kill you. The food will still be there in a couple of hours. You're not literally starving.

It takes me awhile to get to this point, but I always do. When I'm not tracking my calories, it seems my goal is to make sure I never get hungry. It takes a mindset shift when creating a calorie deficit to realize that a little hunger is not a bad thing.

If you're absolutely starving, consider eating a little something or adding more protein.

My two cents.

P. S. I'm hungry, too. Snack in 40 minutes and counting. :wink:
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    This sounds like another fine article from MSN to me
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    When I get really hungry, I try to think about the kids in the world who are starving. If they can go days without food, I can make it two or three more hours....This doesn't always work, but I still use it.
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    yeah that is a really stupid articular! I did see on Dr. OZ that if you eat more protein and Fiber and less carbs you tend to stay fuller feeling longer! This has been my key thing to helping me! So instead of eating toast for breakfast I eat fiber filled cereal or Eggs with some fiber powder mixed in! Seems to help lots!!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I'm a constant munch person..............so have to be careful what I munch :)

Like, right now, I have a little container of raisins/almonds/dates on my desk. I'll pick at it for the morning, until my salad at lunch (and I like a BIG salad, which takes me a long time to eat.)

Hmmm........seems I'm eating all the time! lol.

I have found that being a SLOW eater is helpful for me. Savor the food, take your time eating..................make it last :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope the article said "you're" and not "your". That would have been my issue with the writer/editor.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    eating breakfast makes me more hungry