WHAT IS P9OX???

Options
I have seen this P9OX on this site a lot, what is it?

Replies

• proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I have seen this P9OX on this site a lot, what is it?
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    What is P90X? Here is the info directly from Beachbody.

P90X® Extreme Training System
    Twelve routines that keep introducing new moves and challenging your muscles to get you absolutely ripped in 90 days. With trainer Tony Horton.

Get absolutely ripped in just 90 days with P90X!
    P90X is a revolutionary system of 12 sweat-inducing, muscle-pumping workouts, designed to transform your body from regular to ripped in just 90 days. You'll also receive a 3-phase nutrition plan, supplement options, a detailed fitness guide, a calendar to track your progress, online peer support, and much more. You won't believe your results!

Why is P90X so effective?
    The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called "Muscle Confusion," which accelerates results by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus, and you never get bored! Whether you want to get lean, bulk up, or just plain get ripped, there's an endless variety of ways to mix and match the routines to keep you motivated.

12 highly intense workouts

Chest & Back
    Plyometrics
    Shoulders & Arms
    Yoga X
    Legs & Back
    Kenpo X
    X Stretch
    Core Synergistics
    Chest, Shoulders & Triceps
    Back & Biceps
    Cardio X
    Ab Ripper X
  • pianokeys81
    pianokeys81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It works - my boyfriend does it and I do it on occasion but can't give up the gym!!!
  • csnook2
    csnook2 Posts: 20
    Options
    Ann pretty much sums it up in her post! P90X is the #1 selling in-home fitness program in the country! My wife and I have been doing the P90X rotations for a year now, and cannot believe how far we have come! If you would like more information, my wife and I are coaches with Beachbody, and can help you pick the right program , help with nutrition, and just be here to help support you along the way. If you are interested, send me an e-mail through the system here.

Best,

Craig
  • proverbs31chick
    Options
    YOU HAVE TO GIVE UP THE GYM TO DO IT?
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    P90X is awesome-- try it!

PS: why are you yelling?:noway:
  • Jenshoe
    Jenshoe Posts: 25
    Options
    I like the gym as well so I do a little of each. I have been doing p90X for awhile now, so I am comfortable with the routine, so I take a couple of the workouts into the gym with me. You get a guide sheet that steps you through each move and a log so I just made a copy of my logsheet and I take it to the gym with me. Instead of their Cardio workout, I do my own. I don't follow it 100% probably more like 80% compliance and I am in the best shape I have ever been and that is saying a lot at almost 44 years old. If I followed the diet plan, laid off chocolate and wine I could probably loose that last 10 pounds using this workout.
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Watch the late night infomercials...if you are up that late - this is all over cable late at night.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    No... you don't have to give up the gym, but if you spend X hours a week at home in front of the TV doing P90X, then you probably won't go to the gym as much if at all.

A friend said he'd get me P90X - If I do decide to do it, I'll probably freeze my membership for that time and try to figure out how to do it daily. How long do they tend to be?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Ignore some of the promo sites out there though, P90X does work, but most of the models they have testimonials about have done the program 2-3 times. There was an awesome photo site showing an average joe who started the program. After the first run through there was a noticable difference, but no Greek God physique. However the 2nd run through had him looking cut.

http://www.perrytinsley.com/p90x.html

That's one of them. Like I said, most of the people who get the best results run through the program more than once. You also are expected to have an opening level of fitness that can handle the program, and there is in fact a fitness pre-test to ensure this. Once I hit my goal weight I'll be giving p90x a shot.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It's an awesome program that you can do at home. Although, you can take it to the gym also if you need to, it comes with a manual that has all of the exercises listed.

I've been using it for 2 yrs now, so you can use it for longer than 90 days also. It will get you in awesome shape! Most workouts are 60 min long, except yoga which is 90 min. It's a 6 day a week program!

Let me know if you have questions, I'm a Team Beachbody Coach!

Jess
  • Philde04
    Philde04 Posts: 160
    Options
    YOU HAVE TO GIVE UP THE GYM TO DO IT?
    I do P90X and still go to the gym.... alot of the workouts on p90x are strength training so I still go to the gym to get my cardio in.
  • RiverRatChick
    Options
    I would have to say the only downside of the P90X program is all of the people who become "coaches" and then splatter their advertising and copied & pasted messages everywhere.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    The commericals are also on Saturday mornings a lot. It looks like a pretty good system. I just don't have the space in my apartment to do it yet.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    The commericals are also on Saturday mornings a lot. It looks like a pretty good system. I just don't have the space in my apartment to do it yet.

wrong thread
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I would have to say the only downside of the P90X program is all of the people who become "coaches" and then splatter their advertising and copied & pasted messages everywhere.

So I'm not the only one whose noticed the explosion of threads about this... :laugh:
  • nicon1957
    Options
    I am 51 y/o. I have been doing P90X for 38 days now. When I started I was 265 lbs on a 6'3" frame. I went to the gym about 3 times a week and pretty much concentrated on strength training with a little cardio here and there. I hardly broke a sweat at the gym, resting between sets and not pushing very hard. With P90X I am down to 245 lbs , went from a 40 inch waist to 38 and have noticed a huge difference in my overall strength and endurance. I am starting to get definition in my abs that I haven't seen in years. I sweat like a stuck pig during each workout and I have learned a great deal about proper nutrition. I have not been to the gym since I started. I plan on going back to the gym after I finish this round and do the free weights and cardio for 30 days before starting round 2. P90X workouts range from 55 mins for Plyometric workout to 1 1/2 hrs for the Yoga. The workouts are intense, but the benefits justify the commitment. Its not about getting ripped in 90 days, its about a lifestyle change that promotes exercise and nutrition. If your ready to make a total lifestyle change then P90X is for you. If your just looking for a quick fix then the program can be a little over whelming for most.
  • proverbs31chick
    Options
    I am not yelling??????????
  • RiverRatChick
    Options

So I'm not the only one whose noticed the explosion of threads about this... :laugh:

ha! It's so irritating and I feel that it takes away from the integrity of the entire program. But, hey... that's just my .02
  • Jenshoe
    Jenshoe Posts: 25
    Options
    One thing no one has mentioned... This is how I got P90X, my sister in law bought it and because she could NOT meet the minimum fitness test she sent it to me.

This is NOT for beginners or people who are not at a pretty decent level of fitness already. I think there are lots of other programs that are better suited for people who are just starting out who may not be ready for this. I know I am in pretty decent shape and it kicks my booty. There are days I have to sit some of the moves out. If you go to Utube you can see some of the videos people have posted of them doing their routines. Will give you an idea if you think you'd like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SQ1WIJD6rU