Is it weird that I have to have gum when running????

Options
Soooo.....I always get teased because I have have have to run with gum in my mouth.lol I know I'm a mouth breather and I feel like I have to have gum. Just wondering if anyone else is "strange" like this???? =p Or do you have any other quirks that you have while running????

Replies

• gobamagrl
    gobamagrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have to have gum anytime I do cardio! I've found it keeps my mouth from getting dry, and I don't have to drink as much water....thus stopping mid-workout to go to the bathroom! Plus.....it takes my mind off the workout...in a sense...maybe it is weird...but if it gets me through a workout, I'm all for it! :happy:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I always lift weights with gum...not sure why
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    me too. i spaz if i dont have my gum when going for a run.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i am the same way :) i can't get into the same rhythm without it :)
  • Metsfn4life
    Metsfn4life Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one. I can run longer and faster when chewing a long-lasting minty gum. That is too funny.
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I often pop gum into my mouth before I leave for a run, or go to my strength class. I guess I am not the only werido!! :laugh:
    hehe
  • brazilian27
    Options
    for me is more than only cardio or weight times but all the time :( i hate this addiction lol
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    This is funny, I've never heard of such things before but figured since you are all super into gum, which brand is your fav/longest lasting?

Stride has been pretty good, Extra has really fallen back in my opinion but what do you guys the “experts” think?? :)
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I like gum for running, because it helps keep me form getting a dry mouth (as opposed to being thirsty). I live in a dry place, so mouth-breathing sucks the moisture right out of my mouth.

I like Wrigley 5 and the Trident Layers gum.
  • cariliz
    Options
    Wheeeeeeew! I don't feel so "crazy" now. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one. :bigsmile:
    This is funny, I've never heard of such things before but figured since you are all super into gum, which brand is your fav/longest lasting?

Stride has been pretty good, Extra has really fallen back in my opinion but what do you guys the “experts” think?? :)

Extra Peppermint was always my fav, but I feel like it's changed a bit too.....or I've just gotten to "used" to it. :happy:

But today, I JUST bought this new gum called "Trident Vitality Awaken.....a Peppy Peppermint with a dash of GInseng"! Nom!