Men.. need a question answered

Options
Shayyy01
Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
Women feel free to answer too =)

Lately i've had some type of a mind eff.
I 've never been the girl to get all done up for my every day life but lately i feel unattractive. My man always states that he likes me the most when i have no make up and i'm in my jeans and tee, but i feel like i should put on the make up do the hair and wear the heels. I think this is coming from my mom, telling me that i always have to look nice or J ( my man) will find someone prettier... like WTF is that??

So men does it matter? I'll dress up if we are going out, but to just sit at home with a pile of make up on seems unnatural to me.

Replies

• Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Bump, Im intersted in the guy answers :-)
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    In my humble opinon, there is really no point to sit around the house with make up on. I know I don't do it. If I am going out, I will throw some on, but otherwise I like being fresh faced. If your man is telling you that he likes it, than why not trust and believe he is telling you the truth?!
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Bump for some answers... I'm the same way, I hardly get dressed up, rarely wear make up and it's always jeans and a t. My fiance says that he likes that the most, but yet I know he finds the whole heels, skirts, make up attractive so I'm stuck in the middle like wtf, pick one damnit. It definitely takes a toll on my self esteem, especially when I don't feel comfortable in heels and dressed up clothing yet....
  • digitaldigital
    digitaldigital Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Heels, they're awesomely sexy.
    I think it's nice when my girlfriend dresses up, it's really nice but I don't really care if she does it. Though it does make for a nice change every so often.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Different men have different preferences. And different women look good with different styles. I find my wife attractive with multiple different looks.

Just do what makes you feel good.
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    My hubby says he likes it when I switch it up. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl, and he likes that, but he said it makes it that much better when I do dress up a little because I don't do it every day. He said if I dressed girly all of the time, he'd wish for the jeans and t-shirt. Lol
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Do whatever feels natural and good to you. If your man says "I like you just the way you are", then what's the problem?

Personally, I feel weird without SOME makeup on - even to run to the store. A touch of blush and mascara, a quick gloss of lipstick, and I feel much better :love: :love:
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    1. If that's you in your profile pic, you have nothing to worry about.
    2. I'm really not a fan of makeup. Light and sparing, fine, but foundation and all that crap does my head in.

Jeans and a T are a major turn on. Messy hair too.
  • chrisward30
    Options
    I always encourage my wife to forego the makeup. She's beautiful b/c of who's inside. I do however think girls need to get gussied up for themselves in the same way guys workout to feel better about themselves. I believe it's a subconscious reaction to the menstral cycle. So sure, make yourself feel beautiful- just know who's on the inside is prettier
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Listen to your man not your mother.

I hardly dress up in heels, but sometimes it's nice. I walk around every day in the city - in flats/boots/sneakers, no heels,
    I'd trip for sure.

My husband likes short shorts and heels to show off my legs - in fact he bought me a pair of both but would die if I left the house in them!
    That look is for him only ;)
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Casual little to no makeup is my preference
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My hubby says he likes it when I switch it up. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl, and he likes that, but he said it makes it that much better when I do dress up a little because I don't do it every day. He said if I dressed girly all of the time, he'd wish for the jeans and t-shirt. Lol

This. I like change and pleasant surprises.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Women feel free to answer too =)

Lately i've had some type of a mind eff.
    I 've never been the girl to get all done up for my every day life but lately i feel unattractive. My man always states that he likes me the most when i have no make up and i'm in my jeans and tee, but i feel like i should put on the make up do the hair and wear the heels. I think this is coming from my mom, telling me that i always have to look nice or J ( my man) will find someone prettier... like WTF is that??

So men does it matter? I'll dress up if we are going out, but to just sit at home with a pile of make up on seems unnatural to me.

If i want to sit around with a facefull of makeup when i'm not even leaving the house, then i will.... because i want to, not because i'm doing it for anyone else...

if your fella has said he likes you best without makeup then whats the issue...!?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't think men have a problem with makeup when it's used to enhance your natural beauty, rather than to hide what you actually look like. If you look like a totally different person when you scrub the makeup off, that's an issue for a lot of guys.

In terms of clothing, I think you just have to examine the situation. If you're going out, put some effort in. If you're hanging out at home, there's no need to dress like you're jetting off to Paris for Fashion Week.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Different men have different preferences. And different women look good with different styles. I find my wife attractive with multiple different looks.

Just do what makes you feel good.

This! Trust your hubby and get your mother's neurosis out of your head! She might've needed to feel like she had to dress up for her man/men but that's kind of an old fashioned notion IMHO. Just look around next time your'e in a department store full of people - it's mostly the older women that are all made up and dressed up while the younger women tend to go more casual and natural.

I'm thankful on a regular basis that I found a man who appreciates my low maintenance approach to clothes and make-up. I'll dress up and get a little made up when it's appropriate but otherwise, give me my jeans and a t-shirt!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Women look fine with or without dressing up. I think most dress up for other women.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I think a woman looks her best without makeup and with a nice pair of butt hugging jeans and a shirt. Some woman try way to much and put too much make up. Im not going to say that you should not dress up every once in a while to treat your man but it isnt necessary all the time. The natural look is always the hottest.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I think most dress up for other women.

They do, and I've never understood why, at least if you're single. If I have a date and I want input on an outfit, I Skype with my brother-in-law. He's honest, and, being a guy, he knows what guys like, generally speaking.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel more confident when I take the time to do my hair, makeup, and to put on some nice clothes, but I'm a tomboy at heart and prefer to be mucking around in the dirt to being dressed up.. My husband seems to like both. Both of his sisters are very girlie, and I am feminine but not girlie (if that makes sense). He told me one thing that was really attractive to him when we met was that I'm a tomboy and not so hungup on superficial things like a lot of other girls. He does like it when I dress up periodically though. I try to look nice when he takes me out on dates.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    in my personal opinon when guys say they like "no-make up" the mean makeup that doesnt look fake just enhancing your natural qualities maybe alittle foundation blush and mascara a red tinted chapstick, you'll look great but it wont be over done and they prob. wont notice you have any on. Also in my opinion guys like your hair to look nice but its all the clothes your wearing that decide if its fancy dressed up or not like when my hair is curled and im wearing jeans a tshirt and my romeos i still look approachable just relaxed