Looking for a few Motivated Marines

Options
I think for many of us old Marines of prior service days well past us, getting motivated is not as easy without 1000 other Marines waking up at 0400 to go out run and sing cadence. I miss having 20 friends in a bar and I never even met them. The Marine Corps changed me and showed me I can accomplish whatever is before. Well the years have worn on me and allowed gravity to get the better of me. I started a couple of weeks ago with a new/old life. What do I mean by new/old? Well Back in the Corps I was in the best shape of my life I was 5'11' 180 mostly muscle that was the old. To return to that body would be the new. I was able to run 5 miles with boots and uuutttss with a M16. While in Okinawa I was the 9th Engineers Battalion Guide I was the first in formation, the first in a run, and the last to leave formation.
I became the first to the couch, the first to a meal. I am taking the new tact which is to attack this belly like its mount mother****er, (I am a Hollywood Marine) I am looking for a few Motivated Marines to join my rebootcamp team to keep motivated with. If you want to be motived join me I will keep this going until gravity is pounding sand at the gates of hell.
As we go headlong into this fight keep in mind that this may not be easy but nothing good is right!!??

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I joined you, but it would be nice to have a few more Marine friends.
  • mecasgirl
    Options
    I would love to join you. I got out in 1998 after my four years and gained weight like no man's business. My goal is to be within Marine Corps height and weight standards. I have the last 17 or so pounds to lose, Sooooo count me in. Ooh-rah!
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Marine, but just reading your post...man, that got me fired up to go do something...thanks for the motivation and thank you for your service.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    What is it about us jarheads? We are fit like no other when we are in the Corps, but once we get out, the pounds go on. I think its a desire to not have to run or PT for a while. Problem is, it becomes a habit way too easily.
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well not a ex marine but looking at joining the military. Need all the support I can get :) and I will do whatever I can to help out :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as an ex Marine. We may not be active duty anymore, but we are still Marines we've just moved on to another stage.
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to happy birthday to all the Marines on this thread.

I was in for a short 6 months due to injury and 10 years later I still feel like I have that Marine pride down deep. Problem is it was covered by 30 pounds of fat.

Keep up all the good work and Semper Fi