a month of yoga - join me during november

Options
i have an unlimited pass at one of the local yoga studios that i am going to use in november. anyone want to join me in doing yoga all month long?

i'm doing:
monday - 75 minute ashtanga yoga
tuesday - 60 minute hot power yoga
wednesday - 60 minute udaya flow yoga
thursday - 60 minute hot power yoga
friday - 50 minute hatha yoga

to join me, you can do any combination of yoga classes or videos. just be sure to check in daily or weekly and update how doing yoga consistently makes you feel.

Replies

• fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'll try to do it. I love yoga and want to work it in on my jogging days. So, I'm in. :happy:
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I was doing yoga consistently for a few weeks and then quit (exhaustion from work left me coming home and not wanted to move from the couch). I miss the feeling so I'd love to start back up again!
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Love yoga! Looking to start doing it more regularly - once or twice a week. I do some online classes (www.yogatoday.com) mostly... and make up some of my own depending on what my goals are. I do occasional classes at a studio too, but its farther away and harder for me to fit in my schedule.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    we start tomorrow. i can't wait!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    i did my yoga. anyone else?
  • 1toInfinity
    1toInfinity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Im in, although I am 31 weeks pregnant. But I am doing a 6 week yoga plan. Its The Biggest Loser Yoga, I started it yesterday, and I do not seem to have any problems with it. But It would be nice to come here and post my progress. I am waiting for the phone company to come by and install our phone service and then I am doing my yoga!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    my studio canceled the morning and noon classes for today because of the weather. they have a yin yoga class (?) at 4:30 but i am not sure what i will do with my kids if i go. i might try to find a workout video to stream from netflix.

namaste everyone!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    popped in 'yoga conditioning for weight loss'. it was nice but i am excited to go to class today.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    did my hatha yoga friday.
  • sitasays
    sitasays Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late but I'm going to do it everyday. I used to be so consistent and I miss how doing it daily made me feel.
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Took my first Bikram yoga class Saturday. Loved how I felt afterwards! Thought I was going to pass out during, but I hung in there! :happy: Took second class last night. Hope to squeeze in another tonight. Easier the second time.

When I searched for the calories used in such a class (90 minutes at 105 degrees!) I was amazed!!!! Upwards of 1000! Not the goal, but definitely a benefit!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    ashtanga yoga was hard. some very awkward poses. not really a fan; i'm glad it's only once a week. :)

power yoga today was great. very similar to bikram but the room is 10 degrees cooler.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I'll join in. I do it almost everyday anyway :wink: Today I'm teaching one yoga class and taking two.

BTW - Imperfect, there are poses you shouldn't do while pregnant
    http://yoga.about.com/od/prenatalyoga/a/firsttrimester_2.htm
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/332706-yoga-poses-to-avoid-during-pregnancy/
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    yoga was nice this morning. very strength building. looking forward to hot power yoga tomorrow.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    yoga practice at home today
  • nsdodge
    nsdodge Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just committed to a month of yoga- a local studio had a $30 deal for 30 days of unlimited classes, which I think is pretty amazing. I am trying to make it every single day, which is turning out to be much harder than I originally thought. I have beginner hot yoga today, so that should be a little easier than the Vinyasa class I took yesterday. My arms are still aching..
  • jumperchick
    Options
    i do a little yoga at home, usually only like 15 minutes at a time, is that bad ??

im gonna start again, it makes my back and posture so much better !!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    skipped class monday for 2 home videos. yesterday was hot power yoga. not sure i can make it to class tonight so it might be another video. :)

the daily yoga has already helped my flexibility and calmed me.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    skipped class again today and did a video.