Happy Birthday USMC

Options
TheRoadDog
TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
Marine Corps was formed November 10, 1775.

I posted this on my Profile page for my friends. I would like to post it here:

"Thank you to all my Marines and Marine Families out there. Semper Fi !! I hold no person in higher regard than that of Fighting Military man and their families. It's actually harder on the families, people. Tomorrow is Veteran's Day. Thank a Veteran. It's no coincidence that the Marine Corps Birthday is the day before Veteran's day. The Marines have always been the first to serve our country. Oooooo Raahhhh!! "

Know someone who has a family member serving away from home? Reach out to them. My personal heroes are the parents and spouses that hold everything together while their soldier is away.

And... their is no person that deserves more praise than the wife of a serviceman. Of course for me, it's the Marine Corps wife.

Thank you.

Replies

• LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love this!

My best friend is a Marine Wife. I'm so proud of both of them!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    To all the Marines out there, thanks for your service.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Marines! well said RD. you are awesome. Thank you for everything. I will be hugging and thanking many people in the next 2 days :) ...including that sexy marine husband of mine :)
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Cheers !!!!:drinker:
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    My husband was a soldier and my brother-in-law and cousin are Marines. I have much respect and gratitude for all service members, past and present.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My aunt was one bada$$ Marine.
  • angelarozmyn
    Options
    Oohrah! <3 usmc wife
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    My brother in law, my uncles, my aunt and countless friends....

Thank you for all you do. I commend what you do for our country.

And to all the military wives including my sister who moved thousands of miles away from her family to be with the man she loves as he serves out country proudly:

This is for the young women that are waking up at 6AM every morning with small precious children that they have been left alone to care for. This is for the pregnant Military wife wondering if her husband will make it home in time to watch their miracle happen. This is for the Military wife, living in a town or on a base alone where she is a complete stranger to her surroundings.

This is for the women that feel like a third leg when they go out with their friends & their husbands. This is for the Military wife that cancelled all her plans to wait by the phone & even though the phone broke up & cut off every time you spoke to him, you waited anyway. This is a pledge to the women that cry themselves to sleep in an empty bed. This is to recognize the women that felt like she was dying inside when he said he had to go, but smiled for him anyway.

This is for those of you that are faithfully in that long line at the post office once a month handling 2 large boxes & 2 small children like a pro. This is for the women that decided to remodel the house to pass time & then realized that she had no idea what she was doing & sighed & wished she had a little help. This is for all the lonely nights, all the 1 person dinners & all the wondering thoughts because you haven't heard from him in days.

A toast to you for falling apart & putting yourselves back together. Because a pay check isn't enough, a body pillow in your bed is no consolation & a web cam can never compare. This is for all of you, no matter how easy or hard this was for you.

Our Military men are brave, they are heroes, but so are we. So the next time someone tells you that they would never marry a Military man, don't bother explaining to them that you can't control who you fall in love with. Just think of this & nod your head, know that you are the stronger woman. Hold you heads up high, hang that flag in your front yard, stick 100 magnets on you car & then give yourself a pat on the back. Be proud to the woman that you are, be proud to be a military wife.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, brothers. Not bad for a bunch of Seamen. Just remember....first in, first out....and if you believe that, I have property to sell you.

Seriously though, from a US Army Vet...happy Birthday USMC. Semper Fidelis!
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Marines!! Much gratitude goes out to all the men and women that keep this country safe! God Bless!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Got a story you'd like to share about those that support our servicemen? Please share them. I have two:

Except for when I was overseas, I always had the luxury of serving in the same state my parents were in. I had a habit of going home most weekends, usually dragging 1 or 2 Marines with me. My parents always fed them and gave them a bed to sleep in. Keep in mind that my family was poor. After a lifetime of saving, my parents had less than I make in a year for their retirement. A few years before I died my mother told me that most weekends Me and my buddies had cleaned out the refridgerator and cupboards and she had a hard time providing for my Dad, brothers and sisters the next week. I asked her why she never told me at the time. She said that she struggled gladly, hoping that if I were ever stationed far away, somone else's family would care for me the same way. Several of those Marines were lifelong friends of my parents.

Was stationed in 29 Palms. It was Thanksgiving Day, 1973. I had nowhere to go. My family was over 400 miles away. I couldn't afford to go home. I headed into Palm Springs. Just hanging out in front of a store. Young girl, about 5, came out and approached me (it was a different time back then). We talked for about 5 or 10 minutes until her mother came out. Bag of last minut Thanksgiving supplies. It didn't take her long to realize, I had nowhere to go. She invited me to her home for Thanksgiving. It turned out to just be her, her daughter, another Marine Wife and myself. Both their husbands were overseas. They weren't much older than me, but, being the wife of a Marine, she couldn't let me be alone on Thanksgiving. I'm embarrassed that I can't remember any of their names, but I'll never forget their kindness.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Got a story you'd like to share about those that support our servicemen? Please share them. I have two:

Except for when I was overseas, I always had the luxury of serving in the same state my parents were in. I had a habit of going home most weekends, usually dragging 1 or 2 Marines with me. My parents always fed them and gave them a bed to sleep in. Keep in mind that my family was poor. After a lifetime of saving, my parents had less than I make in a year for their retirement. A few years before I died my mother told me that most weekends Me and my buddies had cleaned out the refridgerator and cupboards and she had a hard time providing for my Dad, brothers and sisters the next week. I asked her why she never told me at the time. She said that she struggled gladly, hoping that if I were ever stationed far away, somone else's family would care for me the same way. Several of those Marines were lifelong friends of my parents.

Was stationed in 29 Palms. It was Thanksgiving Day, 1973. I had nowhere to go. My family was over 400 miles away. I couldn't afford to go home. I headed into Palm Springs. Just hanging out in front of a store. Young girl, about 5, came out and approached me (it was a different time back then). We talked for about 5 or 10 minutes until her mother came out. Bag of last minut Thanksgiving supplies. It didn't take her long to realize, I had nowhere to go. She invited me to her home for Thanksgiving. It turned out to just be her, her daughter, another Marine Wife and myself. Both their husbands were overseas. They weren't much older than me, but, being the wife of a Marine, she couldn't let me be alone on Thanksgiving. I'm embarrassed that I can't remember any of their names, but I'll never forget their kindness.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story, it brings tears to my eyes.

Happy Birthday Marines!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

I love this <3
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Semper Fi!
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    To all my Marine Brothers and Sisters and their families, Happy Birthday!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Happy 236th birthday to the United States Marine Corps! These men and women are some of the finest people that I know. My husband is a Marine veteran and current cop and we have lots of Marine friends. We will be celebrating with those Marines this Saturday at the Marine Corps Birthday Ball. What a privilege it is to attend and honor those Marines...past and present, oldest to youngest, who have served our country with such honor, integrity, and courage. I am thankful for the sacrifices you have all made, many of them great, to fight for freedom on near and distant shores all over the world. "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” THANK YOU UNITED STATES MARINES....and HAPPY 236th BIRTHDAY!!! Ooh Rah! Semper Fi!!!

~~Marine Wife ♥♥♥
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to my fellow branch! 10yr Navy vet here. Nothing but respect for what you guys do!

here is a very funny video in honor of the Marine Corps. THIS LINK IS RATED _R_!!!!!!! You were warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXQnl_99FuI&amp;sns=fb
  • stampede55
    Options
    Happy Birthday! RESPECT!