morning workouts

Options
i really really wanna start working out in the mornings, but i sooooo lack motivation. i'd rather do it in the mornings because when i get home from work, working out is the last thing i wanna do so most of the time i dont do it. i thought about doing 30DS in the morning and 20-30 mins on the treadmill when i get home from work... or vice versa.

what i wanna know, for those of you who do workout in the AM (before getting ready for work), how do you get your motivation to get up and do it? i love my sleep and getting up at 545 or 6 in the morning is something i DO NOT look forward to. lol. but i do know it would be the best thing to do. please please give me some advice on how you guys force yourselves to do it.

Replies

• betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It's not that hard for me since I am somewhat of a morning person anyway!
    Just do it - you will not be sorry.
    I can sum it up with telling you that Ihave never regretted getting up and working out.
    Best wishes! :happy:
  • michcruz
    michcruz Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I refuse to work out after work for the same reason. I'm just too tired from being on the go all day.

I work out in the morning. I am up at 4am to get in an hour to an hour and a half workout, depending on what I am doing. It is really hard to do, but after a while, it does get easier or at least I think so. I can tell you that I had to modify my sleep schedule. I go to bed way earlier than most people do so I can get a decent amount of sleep in. The only thing I can say is that if you really want to get to your goals, you have to think about it. Set your alarm and think about where you want to be. Maybe set your alarm 10 minutes earlier each week or something until you get to the time you should be waking up to work out. It might help. Good luck with it!
  • michcruz
    michcruz Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oh, also, you'll feel more energy throughout the day.
  • ncwalina
    Options
    As a mother of two, morning workouts are the best. Not only have I heard they are better for you but you get your workout done and have the rest of the day to you. I used to go to the gym before work at 5:30 or 6 and be done for the day. It was hard for me to get up and getting going but once you are there and doing it your fine. I wasn't concerned with what I looked like that early in the morning at the gym so I would roll out of bed and go. ha!
  • ncwalina
    Options
    You do have more energy throughout the day also!
  • akgrl1020
    Options
    I had to find something I really loved to do. I used to work out at night, around 8:00 pm because that worked for me. I was able to come home, make dinner, and relax for a bit, so I didn't feel rushed. I read an article about running in the morning, and switched things up and tried it, and loved it. Good luck!
  • silverfox678
    silverfox678 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Its not easy at first but once u try it, it will be easier as the days go by. I work out every morning and on days i feel like i just dont have the motivation i just do it later in the day. The important thing is to at least try it and who knows u just might like it.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am a morning person, so I have no problem getting out of bed. I get up at 5 am each day. The best part of working out in the morning is that you don't have to make sure that you get your work out in later because it is already done.
    Maybe you could start small, get out of bed 10 minutes earlier the first week and do 10 minutes of a work out, then 20 minutes earlier the next week, and so on until you reach the goal for the amount of time you want to work out.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm another working mom who doesn't have time for the gym. I get up at 4:30am, do a 25-30 minute workout (either Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred or 6-Week Six Pack), then get ready for work. By then it's time to get my toddler up & start getting her ready to go.

It IS hard to get up that early, and there are certain days where I just reset the alarm clock for later. But you do get used to it, and it gets it out of the way so you don't have to do it later in the evening.
  • CamiXiomara
    Options
    I just forced myself to do it. There wasn't any motivation of my part in the beginning, but as the week went by, I was able to have more stamina and energy throughout the day. I work as a doctor in a large hospital and I've noticed that working out in the mornings allows me more time to concentrate in the exercise that I am doing. I do try to include a family walk in the afternoon. It helps unwind after so many hectic hours.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Good Luck with morning!!! I did mornings for a a week and half way through I could not get out of bed in the am I was so exhausted. I realized I give more effort at night because I don't want to move as much in the mornings.