Good Sport Bra for Running?

Options
I am looking for suggestions on a good sport bra for running (high impact). I'm willing to spend the money, if needed. I thought that my sport bra was okay, after my 5K, my mom asked me if I was uncomfortable and said she thought maybe I should wear two sport bras. Really nice mom, right!!! Anyway, I'm a D on top and apparently need to wear something better. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• saffir27
    saffir27 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I like the TATA Tamer from LuLuLemon
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    There is a high-impact underarmor bra for running that looks awesome. I saw it at Fred Meyer.
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump - wearing two now and hate them
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Your mom made a good suggestion. I do a lot of high impact exercise and most of the time I am wearing two sports bras.
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    A lot of ladies do wear two running bras at a time! Try the Athleta or Title 9 websites- they make athletic wear for the ladies and their bras get great reviews. Good luck!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I love the Website Title 9, it really breaks it down for you by Bra Size and Activity.
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    D Max Sports Bra by Shock Absorber works great for me (and I've always had a major issue with finding good sports bras)...a little tricky to get on due to the double clasp, but holds everything right in place so worth it. I got my two through Athleta.com
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    bump

Looking at getting something better than what I have now. I'm not uncomfortable (thank goodness) but still...
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    you could try wearing a smaller size , but when i do that i feel kinda squished. suppose thats what they are for though. lol. wearing two would prob help, but being that she said that to you would make me not want to. lol.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I like the TATA Tamer from LuLuLemon

Ditto!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I got my two through Athleta.com

Ohhh I get discounts there occasionally since I work at Old Navy. I'll keep an eye out. How much do they run?
  • craizydaizy
    craizydaizy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The one I'm currently using is by Danskin..it wasn't very expensive at all. It has cups instead of the big uni-boob type. I'm not running in it but with jumping jacks, and jumping rope, the girls stay secure. I'm so glad I bought it and days when it's in the laundry, I notice a difference with my other bras.
  • damecaite42
    damecaite42 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I really like Moving Comfort's sports bras, especially the Helena bra. The Fiona bra works pretty well, too. They're the only "high-impact" sports bras that actually feel like they're really supporting me.

Kay
  • artemishg
    artemishg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There's a catalog (I'm sure they have a website) that has a bunch of sports bras. One I tried and liked was by Moving Comfort. Anyways look at high-impact bras through "Title 9", there's quite a range with good descriptions...hopefully you can find something!
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I got my two through Athleta.com

Ohhh I get discounts there occasionally since I work at Old Navy. I'll keep an eye out. How much do they run?

Not cheap!! $69 apiece, but they have features that make them more durable (they don't have the annoying velcro for the shoulder straps that always gets worn/useless on some bras...that drives me nuts!), and the two I have are holding up nicely so far! Definitely measure yourself accurately too and use their size chart.
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Shock Absorber. I got mine from Team Estrogen. They definitely keep things in place.
  • Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I LLLOOOOOVVVVEEEEE the ENELL sports bra. It is online only store... but the bra is amazing! Really! It is ugly as hell and has like 20 clasps BUT it really does the trick. when you first put it on.. it instantly makes it look like you had a boob reduction because it really smooshes the girls down and supports them. It is Oprah recommended. I honestly have tried to buy other bras since this bra and there is no comparison... I can jump around and run and NO BLACKEYES!! its really the best bra ever!!!
  • mnbakk
    mnbakk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Juno or Fiona. I am a 32 D and the recomendation came from a friend who is better endowed (and a better runner) than I am. They are $50 in stores but both are around $30 on amazon.com if you aren't too picky about color.
  • radix89
    radix89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love Moving Comfort bras! I have been wearing the Maia bra for 6 years and I love it! I never thought I'd wear an under wire sports bra but I can't tell and the support is so much better. If I try doing any sort of bouncing workouts with a cheap bra it hurts like crazy but I can go all day in these and have no trouble. If you live near an REI they usually carry a few styles so you can try them on.
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    i have size 40DD and struggle to find a good one, but i went to the nike store and got their Dri-Fit with adjustable straps (weird for a sports bra, i know) and i'm amazed it's SO comfortable and keeps me all sorts of secure! :)