Christmas Cookies (in moderation of course <3)

Options
I know we are all trying to lose weight, and alot of is are doing a damn good job of it. but christmas cookies are my vice. I can't help myself but to sneak 1-2 in around the holidays, it's just my human nature.

I've selected 6 unique favorites of mine i'm going to make this year to hand out to everyone. Take a look and feel free to give me ideas or post cookies you enjoy. I'd love to hear your input.

http://hungryfatpeople.blogspot.com/2011/11/christmas-cookie-exchange-preview.html

<3 Releven

Replies

• dyangarcia
    Options
    Wow! Those all sound amazing! I want to try making the layered tree ones and the bacon ones sound fantastic.
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    :) i'll have recipes and such to come once I make them. I would always suggest trying to find alternatives to ingredients incase they may be off the range of your diet.

Alot of baking ingredients can be swapped out for healthier versions if they need to be. Thanks for the comments. Hope you enjoy the ones you make!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. I love cookies.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    :) i'll have recipes and such to come once I make them. I would always suggest trying to find alternatives to ingredients incase they may be off the range of your diet.

Alot of baking ingredients can be swapped out for healthier versions if they need to be. Thanks for the comments. Hope you enjoy the ones you make!

I'm looking forward to the recipes!!! My friend and I bake every year. We've been doing it since I was like... 10. :) We do a lot of classics, but maybe I can convince her to throw in those hot chocolate ones... They sound divine <3:D
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't be Christmas without cookies! My mom and I always have a cookie baking marathon, might have to cut it down this year....maybe. Rachael Ray had some really yummy stuffed cookies in her new magazine. I'll see if the recipes are available online yet.
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    I'm in. I can do a few dozen if we get enough people. I can't promise they will be a "full" dozen, but ya know... quality control.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    My job and I our doing a cookie exchange . SO i need good cookie Ideas
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I love sorghum cookies. I never make them because a: I don't need them and b: they are kind of a pain to make. Might have to bust out the recipe for Christmas though!
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    I'm in. I can do a few dozen if we get enough people. I can't promise they will be a "full" dozen, but ya know... quality control.

lol My dozen is like 3...9 are missing by the time I show up. :)