Share with me...

Options
Tyra Banks did a show once where she went under cover as a big girl and she was treated differently - in fact people were rude. The show highlighted how big/fat/not so the average looking person was treated differently, than a slimmer person. Please share with me the change in you or the people around you.

For instance - Have your attitude changed? Have people that didn't notice you before, notice you now? Did you step up your swagger? Are you more confident? Are people saying negative or positive things about the slimmer you? Please share - I want to know if the statistics are on the right track when they say that slimmer people get treated differntly than bigger people.

Replies

• JThomas61
    Options
    I can honestly say that when I was 248 pounds I didn't have confidence and would rarely smile, people didn't go out of their way to help me or even seem to invite me to go places. However now that I am 169 pounds and a fitness freak, my confidence and swagger are through the roof. I get smiled at and flirted with by women of all ages, I get invited to go places and more people seem to want to interact with me.
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    Well, maybe it's because I'm from ND but I have never been treated like these people who put on a fat suit. Maybe because I was brought up to be proud of myself, my mother was a big woman, proud, vibrant and EVERYBODY wanted to be her friend. In her 40's she decided to go to college and they elected her homecoming queen and I'm gonna say she was pushing 300 pounds. She was treated with respect and dignity because her personality exuded it. I know that a weight issue can make you self consious and I think the butt holes of the world thrive on it, wheather it is weight, looks, economic status etc. They are small minded people with obvious issues and have to do what makes them feel good.

Just my thoughts!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I have an "I dont care what you think" attitude.... but I wont let people walk all over me either. I know who my real friends are, I know the people who I get along with very well and who they are.... Many times I walk solitary by choice (less drama that way and I can be more focused), other times in a group setting.
  • jaysen05
    jaysen05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have always had confidence in who and what I am. I have never looked for anyone or anything to validate that. If you don't like me, the heck with you because I love me!
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say that when I was 248 pounds I didn't have confidence and would rarely smile, people didn't go out of their way to help me or even seem to invite me to go places. However now that I am 169 pounds and a fitness freak, my confidence and swagger are through the roof. I get smiled at and flirted with by women of all ages, I get invited to go places and more people seem to want to interact with me.
    Its sad that people would carry on that way...but I am happy that you have confidence now...and you are the new HOT GUY! Keep up the good work!
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have always had confidence in who and what I am. I have never looked for anyone or anything to validate that. If you don't like me, the heck with you because I love me!
    Awesome...I have always had confidence too...but when I started losing weight, I believed more in myself and my already high confidence sky rocketed. I also got hit on by (more) men and recieved more compliments!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!