Money for weight loss...

Options
Is anyone familiar with healthywage.com ?

You bet the company that you'll lose 10% of your body weight within 6 months and they'll double your money if you do. Or Lower your BMI from above 30 to under 25.5 within 1 year and you more than triple your money. You have to do your initial weigh in at a health club or doctors office.

It seems too good to be true. But money motivates.

Reviews are saying only 25% of people actually collect because they fall off the wagon.

Just wondering if anyone hear is familiar with this site or not. I'm not a gambler so I'd probably never try it but it sure does sound tempting.

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome; wish I would have known about this sooner!
  • amandakay3000
    Options
    yeah, i wish i would have known about it sooner also.
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've never been involved in it but just got on their website. They appear to be legit. They work with local healthcare centers for the programs so on the surface it seems all real.
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Not familiar with that site, but I know of several health clubs in my area that offer similar incentives (ex. lose 10lbs in 6 months and your enrollment fee is waived and you lock in at $15/mo for life). So the concept isn't new or unheard of...
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds doing Biggest Loser 5 bucks a week with my co workers....

Holding steady at 56 pounds.....

Money motivates me....
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Not familiar with that site, but I know of several health clubs in my area that offer similar incentives (ex. lose 10lbs in 6 months and your enrollment fee is waived and you lock in at $15/mo for life). So the concept isn't new or unheard of...

that is such an awesome incentive!

My gym here at college has a program where they give incentives just on how often you come and how long you workout for. Nothing major, just t-shirts and recognition. I think it's really cool! Helps motivate a person.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    ...so basically the thinner people pay for the fatter people?
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I will have to check into that.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Wow that would have been nice..I lost 90 pounds in 6 months..I could have made some good money LOL :) Oh well..my health is better than money.
  • wendyc122005
    Options
    Like others I wish I had known about this sooner, but I am going to check it out since I am still on this journey to a healthier me and money talks!
  • jessenicole
    Options
    I just signed up for the free one since I don't have anything to invest.
    Worst that could happen is that in a year, I don't get an extra $100, right?
    Works for me.
    My only fear is that despite being very motivated and very active, I have several health issues that keep me heavy so I don't know how realistic it is that I could lose 83lbs in a year.
  • jessenicole
    Options
    .I lost 90 pounds in 6 months..

That is amazing!! Congrats!!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I am doing it. I have till 2/2 to get to healthy BMI. Ack! I'll update and let you guys know if I get the money!
  • Frogger0828
    Options
    I am doing the BMI Challenge on HealthyWage! I learned about it from an article on msnbc.com and found many more articles when I started researching the program. I officially started the challenge in November 2011 and I'm down roughly 12 pounds so far. Tonight is my very first day on MFP. I had been tracking points on WW, but got really bored with that. While I do have a ways to go still, it works out to be <1 lb per week through November 2012, so I'm feeling really good about it. The website is completely legit and it's been really motivating. I love it!
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,856 Member
    Options
    ...so basically the thinner people pay for the fatter people?

Or are they betting that more people will NOT succeed than will succeed, hence it pays them to offer the dough? Tacky!
  • ambervargo
    ambervargo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just signed up and started a team for the challenge that started Friday. I still need 3 more team members, so feel free to PM me if you are interested in checking the site out.

Go Team Skinny Minnies!
  • msracefan
    msracefan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    They just did a story on this on our local TV station and it is legit. It's tempting to do it, but I'm unemployed at the momnet and cannot afford it.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    That is really interesting! The gambler in me totally wants to do it! lol!
  • ambervargo
    ambervargo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It's pretty neat so far. There are even mini challenges where you can win other prizes + you get your weight verified at your gym through their website, so people can't cheat. Also, I like that you can pay the entry fee in installments over the 3 months. I still have 3 spots open on my team. :)
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I got my money through Paypal this last Saturday! I was so happy to see it!