Hungry ......

Options
It's got to be that time of the month. I was exhausted yesterday and today I can't get full.... I've eaten my breakfast and lunch and its not even 10 AM yet.....

What do you do to get full?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    veggies and water
  • carey1932
    carey1932 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am never full, but I strive to be merely satisfied. ggggg
    Sometimes when I get like that eating something warm does the trick, like a sugar free oatmeal with some natural goodies added
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry, I eat something healthy like fruit or veggies. If I am just craving something but have no real hunger I go for water, water and more water. Also unsweetened, decaf tea (Im currently on a peppermint tea binge! lol) as long as it a zero cal variety give you some flavor without taking away from your water intake.

Try drinking a glass of water before each meal. Goes a long way to helping you feel full faster and helps to avoid overeating at meal/snack times. Good luck!
  • bbyegal
    Options
    Could be what you are eating...the key to staying fuller longer is protein and fiber (from fruits and veggies). Grains will fill you up quickly, but will burn through your system fast.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    protein shakes
    veggies
    fruit
    tons of water
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    Water. Lots of water.

Also, anything with protein will make you feel satisfied longer, so a portion of cheese, a hard-boiled egg, some baked chicken, a serving of almonds...
  • divainme
    divainme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    veggies and water

I drink more water than the average person -- about 10-12 glasses a day easy - without even having to think about it. It's gonna take a lot of veggies...... Once a month for a week I'm starving.
  • ADoucette416
    Options
    I've had that same problem before. I love to research things and came across articles like "eat healthy snacks higher in fat" for example, roasted edamame is a great way to get protein and fat that your body craves without packing on the calories. Also, fruit is a great filler. It takes longer for your body to digest the sugars so you feel fuller longer. And of course, water is nature's huger suppressant. Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • UponThisRock
    Options
    veggies and water

I drink more water than the average person -- about 10-12 glasses a day easy - without even having to think about it. It's gonna take a lot of veggies...... Once a month for a week I'm starving.

A whole bag of frozen veggies is 100-200 calories. Works like a charm.
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Water...lots of it. And tea. I like to add fiber to all my meals/snacks so that I stay satiated longer. Good luck.
  • divainme
    Options
    Water. Lots of water.

Also, anything with protein will make you feel satisfied longer, so a portion of cheese, a hard-boiled egg, some baked chicken, a serving of almonds...

So far a bowl of cereal, 2 eggs, a 1/8 of a piece of homemade pizza - loaded with veggies, low fat cheese and no oil. Some metamucil and I'm still hungry...... I hate this time of the month. Oh ya 3 large glasses of water and a large mug of tea....
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What they said. I also tend to eat lemons alot when I am hungry.
  • divainme
    Options
    veggies and water

Gotta get me some frozen veggies...... I always buy fresh
  • sandislim
    Options
    veggies or fruit. I've eaten thousands of calories in grains and never gotten satisfied the same as eating an apple or a big salad - strange but true, my stomach can be distended and still I want to eat. But veggies/fruit really hits the spot.

I think its nutrients we need not really calories as such.
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    What did you eat for breakfast and snack? Fueling foods? How many calories? Could you be hungry because you're bored? Has eating become a habit and not a fuel source?

Like previous posters stated, water veggies fruit. Lean proteins and complex carbs will help keep you full too :)
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Water first, if that doesnt cut it, then fruit or dry ceral (I eat them like they are chips) Today I snacked on All bran fiber ceral. 80 cal's.. Kept me full until lunch time
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Chew gum! It works like a charm for me. I chew sugar free gum and make sure I drink a ton of water with it.
  • UponThisRock
    Options
    veggies and water

Gotta get me some frozen veggies...... I always buy fresh

And they're typically around $1.00 per bag
  • mehinalani
    Options
    Chew gum! It works like a charm for me. I chew sugar free gum and make sure I drink a ton of water with it.

Same with me, Chewing gum, water, or carrots.... Carrots take a lot of time to eat so you chew and it lets your body actually take the time to feel full, or go for celery, it has so much fiber and water it will get ya full. Just stay away from the dip
  • divainme
    Options
    What did you eat for breakfast and snack? Fueling foods? How many calories? Could you be hungry because you're bored? Has eating become a habit and not a fuel source?

Like previous posters stated, water veggies fruit. Lean proteins and complex carbs will help keep you full too :)

No, not bordom, hormones.... hormonal hunger once a month for a week..... Even when I'm full I'm still hungry craving carbs, sugar, beef,