exercise Guilt

Options
So I am with out child care tommorow due to the holiday, so this means that I wont get my 1.5 hour ride and 3 mile run in. I am kinda freaking out about this and wonder if anyone experiances this when they are unable to get there workouts in? Or am i just crazy?

Replies

• HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    it depends....does it happen often? And what is your definition of freaking out?
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Can you do some mat-work at home while you're with your child?
    How about a walk?
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    ya, even if you take a short walk with your child around the block that's great! it doesn't always have to be a long workout to be beneficial!
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. Try and get exercise elsewhere. Take the kids swimming or to a park if it's not raining
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling it right now. I have a knee injury. I see the orthopedist tomorrow to hopefully find out what it is. I can't even ride my stationary bike right now. I'm staying under calories, but I still feel guilty even though there is nothing I can do about it.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Do it when the child is in bed at night. Or take a day off. Either option isn't going to kill you.
  • mehinalani
    Options
    I dont miss many work outs actually this is the first time in three weeks. Yes i can do some mat work, and will with the kiddos I usually have them hold my feet for the sit ups. I am not like crazy freeked out its just i dont like straying from the routine, the routine is what keeps me honest.
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    There was a girl on 'True Life: I'm Addicted to Exercise' recently who felt this way...
  • NicoleAmazon21
    NicoleAmazon21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jump rope!
  • HoopFire5602
    Options
    You can always do something else. :) Do some videos like yoga or somethin'. I asked those questions above because if it becomes a constant thing (like what I deal with every day) it could be a signal of something serious.
  • HoopFire5602
    Options
    There was a girl on 'True Life: I'm Addicted to Exercise' recently who felt this way...

And this is what I was talking about. But I didn't want to come right out and say it.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I think most people do. I certainly do not exercise to the extent you do and have no desire to. But I feel guilty if I don't do "something" almost every day in the way of exercise. I prefer short, intense workouts and they almost always make me feel better afterwards. They certainly help with depression, sadness or whatever. Perhaps if you just do "something" in the time you have available and at the place you have available, you'll feel better about yourself. Anyone can walk or run in place, do push-ups, isometrics and a ton of other things. In other words, there's really very few excuses for not exercising. It just may not be the exact exercise you want.

But, if it happens you don't exercise at all, don't feel guilty. One day isn't going to matter much one way or the other.
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    That's when I turn to my treadmill. My daughter comes out into the garage with me and rides around on her scooter or bike - or dances while I run.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I am a stay-at-home mom....2 in school all day and one at home with me. I had the hubby measure the yard out for me with an excavation wheel so I knew how many laps to run for a mile. My daughter will come out and play in the yard if it is nice out or I do the "bad mom" baby-sitter thing and let her watch Tom and Jerry while I run my laps...she will knock on the windows and wave at me as I run my circles around the house...sounds crazy but it keeps my anxiety level down AND keeps me in my routine.
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Yes I get that, like I worry if I don't exercise for a day I'll somehow never do any EVER again!! I try to fit it in wherever I can, take kids out on bikes and run alongside ... all do some exercises together inside, that's always a laugh as they love being the instructor, play tag, stuck in the mud, running races, shuttle runs are good races ...
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Put the kids in a stroller, or have them hop on a bike and get out and run....
  • aims78
    aims78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can still exercise even with a child in the home.. I am sure you can go for a walk with him/her,.. play outside with the child.. or just dance, kids love to dance too! :)
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    go out and play tag with your kids or if they are little load them in a stroller and push them around my kids love the double jogging stroller we have still and my girls are 6 and 4

kids also love to dance turn on some music and shake it