whey protein powders

dskline1
dskline1 Posts: 123
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello all..

Quick question...anyone have positive or negative feedback about whey protein powders that are on the market? I currently am using Muscle Milk, but a co-worker just showed me something that they had purchased at WalMart called Muscle Fortress (I think)...the stuff from Wallyworld actually had a higter protein/lower calorie ratio than my muscle milk....I am trying to add protein to my diet anywhere I can due to a quack protein restricted diet that I was on under doctors orders....any insight would be greatly appreciated. I would be able to get double my monies worth with the Walmart brand, but was curious of any negative feedback.

~Sheryl

Replies

• dskline1
    Hello all..

Quick question...anyone have positive or negative feedback about whey protein powders that are on the market? I currently am using Muscle Milk, but a co-worker just showed me something that they had purchased at WalMart called Muscle Fortress (I think)...the stuff from Wallyworld actually had a higter protein/lower calorie ratio than my muscle milk....I am trying to add protein to my diet anywhere I can due to a quack protein restricted diet that I was on under doctors orders....any insight would be greatly appreciated. I would be able to get double my monies worth with the Walmart brand, but was curious of any negative feedback.

~Sheryl
  • rachel512
    rachel512 Posts: 38 Member
    I have tried em all! Muscle Milk Light is by far the tastiest, either that or Whey Gourmet but both are expensive. As far as Body Fortress, the protein and calorie content is really ideal, along with the price. However, the taste is nothing compared to that of the more expensive products. But hey, were in a recession, may as well go for it, throw it in the blender with some banana and it should taste just as good. If you have the money to spend I'd say get the Muscle Milk of whey gourmet but if not, body fortress is definitely not bad for the price
  • dskline1
    I have tried em all! Muscle Milk Light is by far the tastiest, either that or Whey Gourmet but both are expensive. As far as Body Fortress, the protein and calorie content is really ideal, along with the price. However, the taste is nothing compared to that of the more expensive products. But hey, were in a recession, may as well go for it, throw it in the blender with some banana and it should taste just as good. If you have the money to spend I'd say get the Muscle Milk of whey gourmet but if not, body fortress is definitely not bad for the price

Hey thanks!! I do love my MM, but I am supposed to be drinking 2 shakes per day...so maybe I can go between the both of them to make my MM last longer....and save a few pennies in the process. lol Just wanted to be sure I wasn't doing more harm than good if I switched them up....still so new to this it all gets confusing at times!!! Thanks again!:flowerforyou:
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    I use the Body Fortress because it is affordable. The chocolate tastes fine to me...
  • firetuck
    firetuck Posts: 87 Member
    I use Body Fortress and like the Cookies and Creme and the Chocolate. The only other brand I've tried is the EAS. I'm pretty picky about taste and don't mind either of these brands.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    teh biggest difference I have seen between brands is the added crap

watch out for added sugar

a good trick they are using is calling it evaporated cane juice....nothing but sugar

I use MRM Whey,,,,no added sugars and tastes great...mixes well

I get it at Henry's market but it is in alot of places
  • Try AdvoCare. It works great and tastes even better!! You cant get it in a store though. My hubby uses it and its amazing!

www.advocare.com/08112120
  • Skrib
    Skrib Posts: 18
    I use the GNC Wheybolic - chocolate - and it tasts pretty awful to me. Not found a powder that I like much at all to be honest. I mix with water though - I am sure it would taste much better with milk, ice cream, fruit, whipped cream and sprinkles.:tongue:
  • meatball
    meatball Posts: 46 Member
    I use the wally world stuff. It mixes better than anything else I have used and I have used em all... Taste is like a 6 out of 10, I mix mine with cold coffee, and as strange as it sounds,it is decent.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    We used to use Body Fortress and it was fine. Then I found out that the EAS brand was cheaper at sam's club/per scoop. If you belong to a sam's or costco, it might be worth checking out. I think EAS tastes more like swiss miss.
This discussion has been closed.