I do so much better with a support system.....

A freind of mine sent me a link for this website so I checked it out. So far I am loving what I see, and not only am I getting support but I love giving it also. I am now at a point in my life where losing weight is not just becasuse of the way I look or that I can't fit into my clothes. I have been told by my opthalmologist that if I do not get some of this weight off I will have to have shunt put into my head. YIKES!! I do NOT want to have to have that done. So I am buckling down and getting serious. I have bleeding behind my eyes and elevated pressure in them both. I don't notice any of this on a daily basis but have been told if I continue I can lose my sight. So no more messing around I need to get this done. Doc says 10-15% will really make a difference, and I figure if I can get that off it will be a great start to losing more.

Replies

• PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Welcome! That's great motivation, and if you keep at it, you'll definitely lose the weight. I've been logging my food/exercise for abou 5.5 weeks, and have lost a total of 10 pounds! Feel free to add me as a friend, :D
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    Welcome to MFP!
    I just started Monday but so far, I like where it's going. Good luck on your journey. If it is okay, I'm going to add you as a friend.
    :D
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Hi,

Add me if you like, i will help you all the way.

Scott
  • roseemb
    roseemb Posts: 85 Member
    Welcome - even if its something scary that motivates you, you're here to address it! Feel free to add me, and good luck. This site has been an amazing help to me!
  • Welcome, this site will help a lot with that! :) i know Ive had a lot of inspiration from looking at some of the success stories and pictures. it will help a lot in your journey. Key 1 goal... never give up!:D
  • Ive sent you a friend request . Good luck with your goals. Lets support each other. Im a newbie too
  • Kinsojr
    Kinsojr Posts: 10 Member
    Hi I'm a newbie too - looking forward to being a shade slimmer for christmas...