Another new UKer

Hi my name's Liz and I come from West Cornwall in the UK and I have been lurking for a while, with half-hearted attempts at dieting, I have done Weight Watchers and Slimming World but for some reason I either get obsessed with how many points I have left or how many syns and then can't think what to eat within the various plans guidelines - stupid really - if that makes any sense at all.

However, I realise now that I need to do something or I am just going to gain more and more weight and I have over 100 lb to lose as it is. Am about to start a part-time job on Monday - which should be quite active, so that should help.

Anyway just wanted to say Hello :-)

Replies

• KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 447 Member
    As you have been around a while you have probably seen all of the info and support you can get on this site, everything you need to help you. Good luck !! :smile:
  • lradatz
    lradatz Posts: 61 Member
    Good luck... Lots of support and encouragement on here, very welcoming!
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Hi i'm also in the uk. this site has been great for me :) welcome and goo luck on ur journey
  • Welcome fellow UKer! I have about a further 75lbs to lose, but in the 1.5 months I've been on MFP I've lost a stone already and feel so much happier about myself. Everyone is so welcoming and full of encouragement! Feel free to add me as a friend and together we can get rid of these lbs for good.
  • Wow such a great welcome - thanks to everyone. I agree this is a great site.
  • cuddlyrunner
    cuddlyrunner Posts: 116 Member
    Hi Liz, I'm from Plymouth. I'm doing Slimming World but keeping an eye on my calories on here. I've lost 34lbs since the end of July :-) (my tracker is wrong on here)
  • Hi Liz, I'm from Plymouth. I'm doing Slimming World but keeping an eye on my calories on here. I've lost 34lbs since the end of July :-) (my tracker is wrong on here)

Hello.
    Well done on your weight loss - that is fantastic. I just couldn't get my head inside slimming world so to speak - still have the recipe books though so might put a few recipes through MFP and see how they come out - should be ok I would have thought.

Almost forgot to say - I love Plymouth
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Hello fellow UKer! I've recently begun my weight loss odysee also and wish you the best of luck! Remember a large battered cod is NOT a vegetable, I have not lost 31lbs in one day btw otherwise I'd probably be dead!
  • LOL - you sure about the battered fish? There is a chippy (or two) quite close to me could have been handy
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    LOL - you sure about the battered fish? There is a chippy (or two) quite close to me could have been handy

When's the last time you've seen anyone harvest Cod?
  • Good point