Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Another new UKer

Hi my name's Liz and I come from West Cornwall in the UK and I have been lurking for a while, with half-hearted attempts at dieting, I have done Weight Watchers and Slimming World but for some reason I either get obsessed with how many points I have left or how many syns and then can't think what to eat within the various plans guidelines - stupid really - if that makes any sense at all.

However, I realise now that I need to do something or I am just going to gain more and more weight and I have over 100 lb to lose as it is. Am about to start a part-time job on Monday - which should be quite active, so that should help.

Anyway just wanted to say Hello :-)

Replies

• KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 447 Member
    As you have been around a while you have probably seen all of the info and support you can get on this site, everything you need to help you. Good luck !! :smile:
  • lradatz
    lradatz Posts: 61 Member
    Good luck... Lots of support and encouragement on here, very welcoming!
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Hi i'm also in the uk. this site has been great for me :) welcome and goo luck on ur journey
  • Welcome fellow UKer! I have about a further 75lbs to lose, but in the 1.5 months I've been on MFP I've lost a stone already and feel so much happier about myself. Everyone is so welcoming and full of encouragement! Feel free to add me as a friend and together we can get rid of these lbs for good.
  • Wow such a great welcome - thanks to everyone. I agree this is a great site.
  • cuddlyrunner
    cuddlyrunner Posts: 116 Member
    Hi Liz, I'm from Plymouth. I'm doing Slimming World but keeping an eye on my calories on here. I've lost 34lbs since the end of July :-) (my tracker is wrong on here)
  • Hi Liz, I'm from Plymouth. I'm doing Slimming World but keeping an eye on my calories on here. I've lost 34lbs since the end of July :-) (my tracker is wrong on here)

Hello.
    Well done on your weight loss - that is fantastic. I just couldn't get my head inside slimming world so to speak - still have the recipe books though so might put a few recipes through MFP and see how they come out - should be ok I would have thought.

Almost forgot to say - I love Plymouth
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Hello fellow UKer! I've recently begun my weight loss odysee also and wish you the best of luck! Remember a large battered cod is NOT a vegetable, I have not lost 31lbs in one day btw otherwise I'd probably be dead!
  • LOL - you sure about the battered fish? There is a chippy (or two) quite close to me could have been handy
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    LOL - you sure about the battered fish? There is a chippy (or two) quite close to me could have been handy

When's the last time you've seen anyone harvest Cod?
  • Good point