I just want to eat

Options
I JUST WANT TO EAT! I want some greasy pizza, or some salty chips, and some ice cream. Tell me not to!!!!!!!

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Are you really hungry? Or have you been depriving yourself trying to get the right 'diet' foods?
  • KavemanKarg
    Options
    You just got to want to lose weight more than you want to eat the foods that pack it on.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Just say no. :)
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I am with ya. I can not decide if I want to go to the Gym or the Bakery.:sad:
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. It won't be worth it and you will feel so bad afterwards. You can do it if you have been on track and losing weight the last 4-6 weeks. Then you can call it a treat. But trust me tomorrow morning the scale will increase a lot in numbers and it will take a week at least to get rid of the excess water weight.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're actually craving salt, dairy and you've been limiting your sugar.

Stay away from the PIZZA!!!
  • KA29
    KA29 Posts: 54
    Options
    What I do is if I have a taste for something, I make myself busy for a while. If 30 min later I still have a taste for that same thing, I treat myself to A LITTLE bit of what I was craving. Usually half of the serving size. Then I just make sure to stay on track the rest of the day, and stay active to burn a little.

It is all about moderation and staying happy during your quest. Depriving yourself entirely of what you love / crave is going to drive you mad.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Same problem here! And in all honesty, I don't really think the other comments you got are helpful. Telling you just to not do it doesn't help. I know this.

It's really hard, I know. Can't tell you not to. :) But it's hard when you first start this journey, which I assume you are, and it also takes time for your body to get used to the changes. My body did anyways.

My advice though is not to give up these things all together or imagine that you'll never get to have another pizza for the rest of your life. That will last only so long! Then you will just end up eating a entire pizza and feel terrible.

The best thing to do is find a different and more healthy way to eat some of these things. There are always alternatives. Pizza for example, I love it!!! So I make my own pizza using a whole wheat tortilla shell, a little pizza sauce and light cheese. Tastes great and curbs the craving.

There are many alternative for chips and ice cream. You just need to look. :)

And don't forget, you can still have these things in moderation. And portion control is the biggest thing. Just remember that and you'll be fine.
    You can have a slice or two of pizza, you just can't have five. You can have a low fat ice cream dessert, you just can't eat a whole tub of Häagen-Dazs ice cream.

:) Hope this helped you in some way. Take care. And feel free to add me as a friend if you like. :)
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Have about 24 to 32 oz of water and see if you are still hungry. Or go eat a smidge of butter with some salt on it. That would be a better choice than the pizza.
  • htmeadows
    Options
    My philosophy is if you want to have something, you CAN. You just have to count the cost and decide if it's worth it. For instance, is it worth it to consume the 430 calories ONE slice of Pizza Hut stuffed crust pepperoni lovers? Is it worth the 705 calories to eat one slice of french silk pie from Perkins Restaurant?

I have had times where I decided YES to both those questions, but on each of those occasions I made up for it elsewhere in the day.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Think of your dream body or inspiration. I have jeans up in my closet that remind me that I want to fit into them!

Don't do it! Drink some water fast!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Drink some water, do some exercise, and then (if you still want it) have a treat.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    You're a slave to what kills you!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Find a healthy alternative. :) Then you're not restricting yourself but you're not eating a very fatty version. :):)
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself if you haven't had your treat for the week then allow yourself. I take one day a week and have a whatever dinner and a dessert. Sometimes the next morning I am actually lower on the scale. It has never affected my weight loss...
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Saw someone say exercise. A GREAT point!!!

Exercising helps big time! Exercising releases endorphins that actually curb your appetite. :)
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, then eat! If you're not genuinely hungry, then you might need to ask yourself what else you could be doing to take your mind off of food.

Believe me, I want pizza and beer and Whataburger like WHOA. Not to mention sushi. BUT, that's just because I've been making much healthier food choices lately. Craving those things is one thing. It's normal. But being hungry means you need to eat maybe 100-200 calories more. Especially if you are genuinely hungry all the time.
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    When I start feeling the need to start eating terrible, terrible things, I go work out. I grab a banana, go to the gym, and bust my *kitten*. I continue with my normal routine afterward of drinking either a Muscle Milk or eating a Luna Bar. By the time I'm done with my shower, I'm ready for some REAL food. When I eat shortly after working out, I have absolutely no desire to undo all of the hard work I did!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    So eat it, log it, burn some off and make up for it by eating under calories tomorrow.
  • 1tawnya1
    Options
    DON'T DO IT YOU WILL REGRET IT LATER!:smile: