What's for dinner?

Options

Replies

• Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Since it will just be my daughter and I, I think it will be eggs, turkey bacon and rye toast!!!
    I love brinner! I will be doing that tomorrow, having a frittatta for dinner. Tonight my husband is making his healthy version of dirty rice - should be interesting! ;-)
  • monainmn
    monainmn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good idea, I have tried an enchilada recipe from there and it was delicious except i think i had quite a heavy hand with the chilis in adobo sauce, and it was flaming hot, so delicious but flaming hot :)
  • cherrycake26
    Options
    Just had cottage pie/topping made of butternut squash, sweet potato, parsnip and carrot served with sprouts and baby corn......A right winter warmer. Dry fried mince then drained off fat and washed mince with boiling water super low cal dish. Masses of leeks onion carrot mushroom and squash in with mince, did use gravy granuals to thicken but still turned out low cal dish. Sooooo yummy, glad I made 7 individual potions for freezer, cant wait to have it again lol x
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I'm thinking either grilled cod with brown rice and steamed broccoli, or a teriyaki chicken stirfry over quinoa. Depends what the family likes best!
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just made homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch, dinner will be sour cream chicken over rice
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Chicken and gnocchi soup
    Yumm!!
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Im making Apple Sauce Chicken in the crock pot. I've never made it before but it sounded good. Hopefully its as good as it sounds :-)
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    5 oz bbq steaked with some steamed asparagus.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Im making Apple Sauce Chicken in the crock pot. I've never made it before but it sounded good. Hopefully its as good as it sounds :-)

that does sound good! Can you post the recipe?
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options

that does sound good! Can you post the recipe?

I found it in the forums on skinnycrockpot.com

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
    1 cup applesauce (No Sugar Added)
    1/2 cup water
    small onion, sliced
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    2 teaspoons apple cider or white vinegar
    pinch of cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)

Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    We're having baked egg rolls and fried rice. :)
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the apple sauce chicken recipe. That sounds good. Think I'll make that this weekend.
  • dargytaylor
    Options

I just checked this out....looks great!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Panda Puffs with 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter, light soy milk, and 1/2 a banana. YUM.
  • dargytaylor
    Options
    :drinker: Chicken Cordon Bleu - lighter version, first time making it!

A lighter version? Do you have a link to the recipe or can you post it? What makes it lighter?

Thanks! :)

there is a recipe going around in the recipes forum for a chicken cordon bleu casserole.....i made it the other night and it was really good!!
  • maurap26
    maurap26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm making Eggplant Parmesan for the 1st time !!
  • dargytaylor
    Options
    mmmhhhh.......now I want egg rolls and fried rice! and eggplant parm, and fish, and soup! etc, etc, etc :bigsmile:

thanks for sharing, I love seeing all the different things people make!
  • lisacornell
    lisacornell Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Shrimp Rockefeller
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am having weight watcher's potato soup and beef kiebalsa sausage. YUMMMO on a crisp Fall evening.