Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake - yes healthy!

Options
ADobs
ADobs Posts: 160 Member
Who doesn’t love peanut butter cups!?

Rather than the sugar loaded, processed and nasty for the waistline version from the corner store I searched through my cupboard to get the flavor and satisfaction of that sweet treat in a quick blended version.

Ingredients:

1 cup – vanilla unsweetened almond milk OR regular 1% cow’s milk
1 scoop – chocolate Sungodess rice protein OR chocolate whey protein powder
1 tbsp – organic peanut butter OR almond butter (I like the costco brand for this recipe)
1 packet of stevia OR maple syrup to taste for sweetness (you don’t need much)
5 ice cubes

Directions:

Place all items in a blender and blend until smooth.

NOTE: For fruity sweetness you can always add banana to the smoothie and remove the maple syrup or stevia.

Serve in a tall glass and sip away at the peanut butter cup, guilt free goodness….

Replies

• ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Have you calculated the calories, fat, protein, etc? Thanks for sharing!
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    OH! That sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing!!!:bigsmile:
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thanks.
  • sistertransister
    sistertransister Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    YUM!! I loooove peanut butter cups and have eaten a few of my kids Halloween ones. I would love to know the nutritional info if you have it. I'm also new to almond milk and almond butter. What is everyone's favorite? Thanks!
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have one of these every morning!! I use powdered peanut butter though.. sometimes a half a banana and sometimes not! I usually use water and then add a couple of tablespoons of fat free half and half (20 calories). makes about 32 oz of peanutbutter chocolate milk shake! yummy~!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I made a *very* similar shake for myself just a couple of days ago .... with the exceptions being that I used Hood Calorie Countdown Chocolate Milk and Vanilla Whey Protein powder. Throw in the all natural Smuckers peanut butter and the Splenda and YES, it was QUITE yummy! :)

Mine came out to 310 calories, 14 g fat (8 from the peanut butter), 34 g protein and 14 g carbs. :)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Who doesn’t love peanut butter cups!?

Rather than the sugar loaded, processed and nasty for the waistline version from the corner store I searched through my cupboard to get the flavor and satisfaction of that sweet treat in a quick blended version.

Ingredients:

1 cup – vanilla unsweetened almond milk OR regular 1% cow’s milk
    1 scoop – chocolate Sungodess rice protein OR chocolate whey protein powder
    1 tbsp – organic peanut butter OR almond butter (I like the costco brand for this recipe)
    1 packet of stevia OR maple syrup to taste for sweetness (you don’t need much)
    5 ice cubes

Directions:

Place all items in a blender and blend until smooth.

NOTE: For fruity sweetness you can always add banana to the smoothie and remove the maple syrup or stevia.

Serve in a tall glass and sip away at the peanut butter cup, guilt free goodness….
    You could also sub PB2 for the peanut butter to reduce calories even more. I may just have to try this post-workout tonight... :happy:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I have one of these every morning!! I use powdered peanut butter though.. sometimes a half a banana and sometimes not! I usually use water and then add a couple of tablespoons of fat free half and half (20 calories). makes about 32 oz of peanutbutter chocolate milk shake! yummy~!
    Oh, nice substitution!! I hadn't thought about half and half w/water instead of milk...
  • bill_i_am
    bill_i_am Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    you had me at PEANUT BUTTER ;)
  • kdchick99
    kdchick99 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yum!!! And seeing Milk Shake in the header makes me think of the song... but the version were Peter "Family Guy" is singing the song in the yard of the prison.... to funny!

"My milk shake brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, its better than yours"

For those of us that are visual!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A19qEjCzFWY
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yes, nutritional information would be wonderful! Sounds delicious!!!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    That sounds super delicious. Thanks for posting.
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wmlpd6
    wmlpd6 Posts: 135
    Options
    Peanut butter cup! Did someone say... oh smoothie version. Still sounds good. My smoothies never come out right though. Still I will give one of those a whirl. Thanks for the recipe(s)
  • velarneyraptor
    velarneyraptor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious.... might have to look at getting some of that protein powder and make this for early morning breakfasts :drinker:
  • ADobs
    Options
    I didn't post nutritional information because there's so many substitutions/versions you can do!!! You can make it high calorie/high protein/low calorie/high carb, etc.

I would also sub PB2 (which by the way is an amazing alternative to peanut butter and it's free of all those preservatives, sugar, etc.)

I will try and post 3 different nutritional stats at some point today though.
  • ADobs
    Options
    Version 1 (vanilla almond milk, organic peanut butter, chocolate rice protein):

INGREDIENTS CALORIES CARBS FAT PROTEIN SODIUM SUGAR
    Almond Breeze - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk , 1 cup 53 2 3 1 120 0
    Kirkland - Costco - Organic Natural Peanut Butter, 1 tbsp 100 2 8 5 0 1
    Sun Warrior - Raw Vegan Rice Protein, 21 g 70 3 1 17 50 0

Per Serving: 223 7 12 23 170 1

Version 2 (1% milk, chocolate whey protein powder, almond butter, maple syrup):

Beatrice - 1% Milk , 1 cup 250mL 110 12 3 9 120 12
    100% Whey Protein Powder - Chocolate , 1 Scoop (31 g) 123 5 3 20 90 2
    Kirkland Signature (Costco) - Almond Butter, 1 tablespoons 49 1 3 1 23 1
    Bkfst - Aunt Jemima - Maple Syrup Original, 1 tbsp 53 13 0 0 30 8
    Add Ingredient

Per Serving: 335 31 9 30 263 23

With PB2 (and the way I make it – almond milk, rice protein, PB2 and stevia):

Almond Breeze - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk , 1 cup 53 2 3 1 120 0
    Sun Warrior - Raw Vegan Rice Protein, 21 g 70 3 1 17 50 0
    Bell Plantation - Chocolate Pb2, 4 tbsp 90 12 3 8 188 6

Per Serving: 213 17 7 25 308 6