The Healthiest Pizza (ever).

Options
This is my pizza creation! I love the taste more than the usual fast food alternative and even some wood-fire oven pizzas. They have about 350-400 calories depending on how cheese heavy you want to go.

This is an Australian Recipe so whilst I won't be able to give you the exact bread you'll know what to look for.
For Australians all these ingredients are from Coles (Fairly large one not express!)

toufayanwholewheatpita.jpg
^ Small - Medium base not a large one^
1 Loaf - Toufayan Bakeries - Low-Carb/Low-Fat OR Wheat Pita Bread (150 Calories)
40 grams - Perfect Italiano - Pizza Plus Cheese (140 Calories)
10 grams - Don - Shaved Lite Leg Ham (26 Calories)
Tomato Pizza Sauce - 1/5 cup (30 Calories)
AND ALL THE VEGETABLES! (But seriously, add what you want, I only usually throw on some Capsican and Pineapple but my partner adds mushroom and onion)
TOTAL CALORIES (not including the greens): 346 Calories

STEPS!
-Pre heat oven to about 180 - 200 degrees Celsius-
1- Drain any tinned vegetables or pineapple and remove from tin on to paper towel.
2- Tomato Pizza Sauce base goes on first
3- Add the ham and any untinned vegetables.
4- Add Cheese
5- Top with the tinned toppings
6- Place in the oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.

Replies

• teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    That sounds wonderful, with a few substitutions to my tast even better. I will target the ingredients this weekend when I go shopping.
    TY for sharing!
  • melissaforster07
    melissaforster07 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trouthunterz
    Options
    thanks for the great idea. I'm gonna try this, this weekend.

On a side note, why do people just answer "Bump"
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yum that sounds good. We have those pitas here in the US. I bought them at Sprouts before. Im going to have to try this :)
  • Leviram
    Options
    I make these but use chopped fresh tomatoe with dry oregano, onion, and garlic spread over pita. Put cheese on and extra lean ham. YUMMMMY!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I do the same, but I substitue Josephs Lavash bread. I can find it at Wal-Mart. I roll mine like a huge pizza wrap and nibble it up. The entire wrap (plain) is 100 calories, 4g fat, 14g carbs and 10g protein so it's good for other things too
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    I've made variations on this for years. They're awesome for making individual pizza, and I agree, I like them better.

Some things to try: (Start with thte whole wheat pita bread)

In the U.S. those spinach dip recipes - add some with chopped tomato, broil or bake

Chicken (precooked) and garlic and olive oil with feta cheese, tomato, red sweet pepper,and zucchini - no sauce for this one, just olive oil and garlic - broil or bake

Any combo of sauteed veggies with the pizza sauce on the bottom, then veggies, then cheese.

You can go crazy with these, fast and simple!
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy.

People say bump so the post will show u in their recent posts later.,
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    That's neat. I've been making the same recipe for months actually. Mine come to 312 so its cool to see the exact same thing being used by someone else. :)

I've made a white pizza this way too. Normally I use sauce, peppers, turkey pepp and spinach with garlic and basil.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Meag83
    Meag83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    A good low calorie flatbread would work really good for this also. Hungry Girl promotes one that is 90 or 100 calories.
  • bettybooboo
    Options
    I do something similar with Joseph's Flax/Oat bran pitas....only 60 cals....
    http://www.josephsbakery.com/p-10210-Low-Carb-Flax-Omega-3-Pita-Bread

I also like using yogurt spinach dip as the base.....I need to make some this weekend.....
  • Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    We do this but use toasted whole wheat tortillas, (the soft taco size) we toast them so they won't be soggy. It's so yummy and everyone can have the toppings they want and like.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll have to try this, too. I think I'll try to do chicken pesto pizzas this way.
  • velarneyraptor
    velarneyraptor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Can you get those wraps in Australia? I've never heard of them!!
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    An Aussie recipe for once! Thank you x100!!!