First Time Before & After Pics - Halfway Mark!!

Options
This is the first time putting up my pics as I've ALWAYS been insecure in my photos.....I've never liked the way I look in them and most of them always have a very insecure look on my face. My smiles always looked forced and not real. I guess it was the lack of self confidence. Every time it was time to take pics for what ever the occasion I would freak!! Today I had to go get my driver's license renewed and I anxious about take my picture the whole way over there. Finally it was my turn, I was really nervous and didn't want to do it but I went up there and smiled for the camera feeling that same insecurity as always and when he called my name and handed my license to me........I looked at it and actually LIKED it and was pleased with it!!! SO I decided to go out of my comfort zone and actually post some pics of myself. I did a collage of pics and was quite surprised at what I saw!! OMG.....I can't believe the difference only 27 lbs made. I started out at my heaviest at 183 lbs last New Years and in February made some feeble attempts at trying to lose this weight. We had a 2 week vacation / 20th anniversary trip planned in June so I started a little more in March-June to lose. I did pretty good but only got down 12 lbs and then it stopped. In July, my brother told me about MFP and I decided to join him in his journey and then away it went!! I really got down to business and started doing regular cardio and weight lifting. It was going pretty good for a while for about the last month my weight loss has stopped. I've made some changes in things recently and I think I may be on the right track now. But I am not going to let it get me down because if I've done this good halfway to my goal then I can't wait to get to my goal and I will get there NO MATTER WHAT NOW!! I'm on my way to a much better, new and improved, healthier and fit ME!! I've got about 33-35 more lbs to go and no matter how long it takes me I know I will be a healthier and more fit person and adding many years to my life! Thanks so much to my MFP family for being there for me along the way it is greatly appreciated and I love you guys!! :flowerforyou:

262751_549392243509_212800057_31558493_2935941_n-1.gif

photo-6-1-1-1.gif

HW-183 - SW-170 - CW-155.8
Goal #1 - 154 (by 11/1/11)
Goal #2 - 148 (by 12/1/11)
Goal #3 - 142 (by 1/1/12)
Goal #4 - 136 (by 2/1/12)
Goal #5 - 130 (by 2/1/12)
GW - 120

Replies

• Hfox3953
    Hfox3953 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • brushe
    brushe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    This is the first time putting up my pics as I've ALWAYS been insecure in my photos.....I've never liked the way I look in them and most of them always have a very insecure look on my face. My smiles always looked forced and not real. I guess it was the lack of self confidence. Every time it was time to take pics for what ever the occasion I would freak!! Today I had to go get my driver's license renewed and I anxious about take my picture the whole way over there. Finally it was my turn, I was really nervous and didn't want to do it but I went up there and smiled for the camera feeling that same insecurity as always and when he called my name and handed my license to me........I looked at it and actually LIKED it and was pleased with it!!! SO I decided to go out of my comfort zone and actually post some pics of myself. I did a collage of pics and was quite surprised at what I saw!! OMG.....I can't believe the difference only 27 lbs made. I started out at my heaviest at 183 lbs last New Years and in February made some feeble attempts at trying to lose this weight. We had a 2 week vacation / 20th anniversary trip planned in June so I started a little more in March-June to lose. I did pretty good but only got down 12 lbs and then it stopped. In July, my brother told me about MFP and I decided to join him in his journey and then away it went!! I really got down to business and started doing regular cardio and weight lifting. It was going pretty good for a while for about the last month my weight loss has stopped. I've made some changes in things recently and I think I may be on the right track now. But I am not going to let it get me down because if I've done this good halfway to my goal then I can't wait to get to my goal and I will get there NO MATTER WHAT NOW!! I'm on my way to a much better, new and improved, healthier and fit ME!! I've got about 33-35 more lbs to go and no matter how long it takes me I know I will be a healthier and more fit person and adding many years to my life! Thanks so much to my MFP family for being there for me along the way it is greatly appreciated and I love you guys!! :flowerforyou:

Goal #1 - 154 (by 11/1/11)
    Goal #2 - 148 (by 12/1/11)
    Goal #3 - 142 (by 1/1/12)
    Goal #4 - 136 (by 2/1/12)
    Goal #5 - 130 (by 2/1/12)
    GW - 120
  • cupcakethefatclown
    Options

you look awesome :)
  • hotforcollege
    hotforcollege Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • brushe
    Options
    couldn't see the pictures
  • brushe
    Options
    amazing job...wow.
  • lovingmethin
    lovingmethin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look great! And btw, you are a beautiful woman. You should not feel insecure with your photos!
  • rhiannon1621
    rhiannon1621 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    well done you look great!! :) and your smile looks much more natural in the last picture :)
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far! You look amazing. Keep it up lady!
  • collyllama
    Options
    Wow! You look awesome!
  • susaneec
    susaneec Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look so good. Yay for you!
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Great job and great smile!
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awww......Thanks you guys.......you really MADE my day!! :blushing:
  • hschuette01
    Options
    You look fabulous little sister! Great job! Me thinks you are on a serious roll! <3 U!
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    awwww thank you!! And THANK YOU for all your support and motivation!! Glad we are on this journey together!! :heart: U!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!