Skipping meals

Options
Hi all, I am fairly new to this site (3 weeks); however, I am finding it to be successful, yet the majority of the days that I eat below my allowed calories those days when I skip a meal. I find my self skipping meals and saying that "I'm trying to conserve my calories". When I eat three square meals and snacks I always go over my calories. Just a thought.

Replies

• yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I often find making the portions smaller and eating spread out threw the day is often easier then eating one big meal then neglecting the others, I tend to loose weight quicker that way and I don't find myself craving a snack as often. Maybe try splitting a meal in 2? Like eat half for lunch then half for dinner, just a thought.
  • froggle
    Options
    It is healthier to eat smaller portions more frequently....real try to eat white meats (chicken, turkey and pork...less calories than steak)...also salad as a meal...2 cups of romaine lettuce is like 15 calories, with cucumber for 12 and carrot for 62 and grilled chicken for 47 and salad dressing can have a complete meal for about 200 calories.
  • mrericswife
    Options
    Good Idea! Why didnt I think of that? Maybe because I am weak from not eating lunch today:smile: . But that makes plenty sense. I can just divide my lunch into two portions one for lunch and one for dinner. Will give it a try tomorrow. Hope I dont get greedy and eat it all in one sitting. Thanks a bunch!
  • mrericswife
    Options
    I've tried the subway salads but by the time Im finished getting cheese and salad dressing I'm well over 500 or so calories.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Try planning and logging and entire day's worth of food ahead of time. You can tweak it as the day unfolds and allow for exercise calories, etc. Then you will not go over your calories. :) That's what I do, usually. One time I even did an entire week ahead of time!
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Good Idea! Why didnt I think of that? Maybe because I am weak from not eating lunch today:smile: . But that makes plenty sense. I can just divide my lunch into two portions one for lunch and one for dinner. Will give it a try tomorrow. Hope I dont get greedy and eat it all in one sitting. Thanks a bunch!
    No worries, let me know how it goes for you!