zumba !

Options
so i was thinking of joining a zumba class and getting it for the wii also. I haven't really tried it yet , but heard many good things about it and just wanted to see what you guys think of it.
Also , what does it do for your body ? How long is a class ? and does anyone like the game for the wii ? hehe any zumba advice/knowlage is apperciated ! :smile:

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/search

At this point, it might be better to read the prevous comments on teh subject.
  • n3wlif3styl3
    Options
    so i was thinking of joining a zumba class and getting it for the wii also. I haven't really tried it yet , but heard many good things about it and just wanted to see what you guys think of it.
    Also , what does it do for your body ? How long is a class ? and does anyone like the game for the wii ? hehe any zumba advice/knowlage is apperciated ! :smile:

I have only done zumba videos I am too awkward of a dancer to be in a class :P but for me it is really fun and works up a sweat!! I think the moves are hard but practice makes perfect and you should definitely try it :) I believe it's a total body workout if you put in the effort. I have never seen it for Wii but it's probably awesome too!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I do both and to be honest a live class is so much more fun than the DVD's that I do. Being in a class puts out so much more energy.
  • nallyb
    Options
    I don't know much about zumba for wii, but I recently just started taking zumba the other day, and I have to say I quite enjoyed it!
    Apparently most zumba class durations vary, but I know that mine is an hour.
    Advice? Keep an open mind and be sure to just smile and have fun with it. It's always a great way to workout.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I do home dvds and go to class. Classes are SO much more fun!
  • denayam
    Options
    I have zumba for wii and I enjoy it!! They allow you to choose a duration (20,45,60 min), the level (beginner, intermediate, and expert) and then what routine you would like to do. There's also an option to do individual songs which are about 3-5 min long.

Your movement in the game is tracked by a belt around your waist that holds the wii remote.
  • tinywithaBIGheart
    Options
    thanks guys ! :)
  • WendyKing1974
    WendyKing1974 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I started going to Zumba in January. Between that and tracking on MFP, I've lost 70lbs so far and 18" off my waist.