Just started today...

Options
Hello!

I just started today. Looking for motivation where ever I can! Also new friends that are/were in the same boat as me.

I'm starting (actually re-starting) my diet and exercise regimen. After many failed dieting attempts and many suggestions about this website I decided to give it a try and get my lazy butt in gear.

Here goes nothing...

PS. I'm also looking for quick easy healthy meals or snacks to enjoy. I'm not a big cook and finding healthy food to eat at home is my biggest struggle.

Good luck everyone! :)
Denisse

Replies

• rajalaw
    rajalaw Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! wish you the best. Please share what worked in the past and what did not.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've just started also! I sat on my hands too long as my weight quickly became a problem over the past 3 years now weighing almost 10 stone (140lbs) more then I did just 3 years ago!

Good luck and all!

Healthy Snack recommendation (if you're from the UK)
    Snack-A-Jacks Sweet Chilli Curls, taste like crisps but only about 90kcals per bag and have barely a grams worth of fat
  • MsDnasty
    Options
    The only thing that worked for me in the past (and where I lost over 30lbs.) was running in the park with a partner (my motivation.) I ran almost 5 days a week, even started running 5k's. The weight seemed to shed fast and I loved it. I honestly am not sure where and how I got that motivation or where it went. :(

That was a few years back. I gained all the weight back and more. I'm hoping to get back to that again. *fingers crossed*
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, it really works.

Good luck with your weightloss goals.

I've sent you a friend request, accept if you want to.....
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've found success in being aware about what I put into my mouth and in trying to keep myself accountable for that. I'm sure that this time you'll be able to turn your motivation into a long term drive to lose weight and live a healthier life. Feel free to friend me if you'd like some additional support.
  • faithog
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I joined this site in June and it has helped me out tremendously! I too bounced back and forth with my diet and never really gave what I ate much thought... turns out, that was the main key in what was keeping those extra lbs locked to me!

Best of luck! If you want a supportive friend you are welcome to add me =)
  • razorspells
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, a great place for support and motivation. Good luck on your diet and exercise. You CAN DO it! :smile:
    Feel free to add me as your friend if you wish.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    The only thing that worked for me in the past (and where I lost over 30lbs.) was running in the park with a partner (my motivation.) I ran almost 5 days a week, even started running 5k's. The weight seemed to shed fast and I loved it. I honestly am not sure where and how I got that motivation or where it went. :(

That was a few years back. I gained all the weight back and more. I'm hoping to get back to that again. *fingers crossed*

Try going for brisk walks on a similar route? Something small & then if you loose weight from that you may become more ambitious, in the past when I've lost weight I found the domino effect to be most pleasing that once one thing works you build on it. It's getting the initial confidence and ambition that I find the difficult bit, so if you find it hard to get the motivation then try to add an incentive?

My newest thing for example, I love music and won't allow myself to listen to certain albums (new releases) unless I listen to them outdoors in that I need to listen to them when I'm walking anything similar and that I can't turn back until the album is finished where you can then start the next one. I'm doing this now and I'm hoping that when I've lost enough weight to get some of my long lost stamina back I can start jogging and so on.
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You can do this, D! Joining MFP was a great start!